News Tesla Model S with 2 integrated RF seats!

tl01

They just opened up a Tesla showroom at a mall in San Diego. Going to check them out tomorrow! WOOHOO!

I tried to peek in on friday but had two children with me who were irritated I made them go to the apple store;).

ADS

tl01

They just opened up a Tesla showroom at a mall in San Diego. Going to check them out tomorrow! WOOHOO!

Hey! If you go... Check out regular backseat head rests. I've read lots if strange stuff about them... And if they don't adjust high enough... Someone said the roof is then part of the whiplash protection?

kaitlyn727

That is pretty cool... can't figure out how it would fit a little though! Hopefully one of you will see it in person and play with it!

I do have to admit, I would feel a little strange getting my child out of the trunk haha

Phineasmama

I kind of wish the trunk seats would fit adults too...like if there was a regular seat belt option that you could take the harness out when they outgrow it.

JCsMomma

Okay, that is just about the coolest thing ever. No engine, so even with the integrated seats in the rear you'd have the front for cargo. We just found out we are having #4, so we will no longer be able to use our sedan with the entire family once he/she arrives. This car we could have the two older kids in the rear, and could still put RF seats in the middle for the littles. ALL the kids would be rear facing then!

minismom

How close to the end of the car are the kids? It kinda looks like once you close the trunk the glass would be right on their faces!! I wonder how good that is in a rear end crash?
I think it would be an ideal car for dh so basically he doesn't need to have any car seats installed but whenever he has the kids they have a place to go. But I can't see myself driving it everyday because my kids are always asking me for water snacks etc. it was bad enough when dd was in the third row of the odyssey and I had to throw her water bottles...

Chris

As one of seven kids who spent A LOT of time in a station wagon, my first thought on seeing this was :sick:!!! I was always losing my lunch anytime we went on a drive of any length that had hills or twists and turns (umm, anytime we left our small valley). Rearfacing is hard on people who get carsick, I think especially as they get older (I don't think I was a puker when I was a young child, more so once I hit 5+yrs).

I love the idea of older kids being able to RF for safety, but for anyone with a child who is prone to motion sickness, I would say this may not be the ideal car. Just my :twocents:.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC