TB from ebay?

marcymc

I fell in love with the Kaley TB only to find its been discontinued. Found it on ebay, but I'm thinking its not a good idea. This is what the listing says.

"All items are overstocks and returns from a large online retailer. Some boxes may show some damage, but product is in perfect condition."

I would but an overstock, but not a return. No way to know which I'd be getting.

Opinions?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If the price is good enough, buy it and use the cover, but buy a real Turbo that you trust.

Wendy

marcymc

Its $55, which I think is alot to just use the cover. I did e-mail Graco to see if they sell the cover.

marcymc

Jennifer- Thanks for trying to help. Its crazy the number of sites that come up as having it, only to say out of stock.

I guess we'll have to give up. I think many of the other TB's look young. This one was nice and simple.

Holly

I just found this thread by searching "Turbo Kaley". I also want this booster! I like the cover better than the other girly turbos, it's pink but not TOO pink and I like that it doesn't have extra pillows by the head area that the other turbos have. I wanted to get this for my dd's birthday, she'll be 6 in November and I told her I'd get her a booster then. She is a good booster rider but I wanted her to stay harnessed to 6. I promised her a booster at 6.
Did you ever contact Graco about the cover?
I found two on ebay, I'm considering getting one but I didn't really want to buy it already. The Kaley is a Turbo Elite, and so is the Posie. We have the posie for my other dd. I got it last October. If I would have known the Kaley would be discontinued, I would have bought that one then, and the posie 2nd.

Last edited:

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Honestly, I would be less concerned about a returned booster in new condition compared to a harnessed car seat. There's just less to go wrong with it. I wouldn't buy a used one, but a open box return? Even if maybe it was sat in briefly once or twice? Yeah, I'd buy it.
If it turns out it's not in mint condition, you can file a claim with paypal if the seller won't issue you a refund. Assuming it was described that way of course.

A booster's #1 mission is to lift a child into place so the seat belt fits properly. Anything else it might offer in terms of impact protection is bonus. I know this will be considered heresy, but I really do think a close inspection of a booster (take the cover off) is all that's really required to make sure it is safe to use. If there's a microscopic crack somewhere it's not going to eject your child like a harnessed seat might (and even that is only a theoretical risk not supported by actual testing). The seat belt is still what takes most of the force in an accident.

Kobain's Mommy

When do you plan on using the booster or have any other children? For me I'd be willing to pay the ebay price for the cover. Then take the booster itself into TRU/BRU when they do their trade in again in Aug/Sept and get a new booster or a new seat for the other child.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC