Tapatalk ads?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I've got several from last night but I think they're all from SCM or CMC so I don't want to post that here. I'll see if I can quickly find one in the regular forums.

Well that didn't take long. Found one in the first thread I went into. And annoyingly I tapped the as while scrolling!! Dang it!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432820759.123085.jpg

ADS

MUTigers

8bb11e90a8856070ca60bd1e93dad64f.jpg

Same thing happened to me. Clicked as I tried to scroll past. And there's an ad below my post now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I could post these all day just from this thread apparently as each time I go in, I get a new ad in DIFFERENT position in the thread. Tricky, tricky...

MUTigers

I could post these all day just from this thread apparently as each time I go in, I get a new ad in DIFFERENT position in the thread. Tricky, tricky...

I'm seeing the same thing. New ad, different position each time, and very easy to click on.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
No need to post more, I just wanted to see what they looked like. I will submit a ticket to see if they can remove the fake post type of ads and replace with typical banner ads like those on Forumrunner.

Is ANYONE seeing these fake post type of ads on Android?

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I submitted a ticket. Once I hear what they have to say, I will let you all know. Most likely, I will at least temporarily disable ads for senior community or possibly all members in my control panel until they figure out this is an issue. I suggest to those who visit other forums that you suggest they do the same, so Tapatalk takes notice.

The desktop forum has an ad placed as the second post on each page of a thread, but the ads are very clearly labeled as such and very obviously not part of the discussion. These mobile ones on tapatalk do appear as a nuisance. I hope they can replace them with typical banner ads instead.

For those who see these ads, how many appear on a page as you scroll down? 1 per page, 2, 3? I will also see if I can borrow an iOS device as I can't get these to appear on my Android.

MUTigers

Ads are gone for me too! Thanks!!

I never counted, but I'm thinking there were a couple per page, depending on the number of posts.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Support responded:

There qas indeed a 12 hours window that the ads are shown more than it should and we have dial it back 2 days ago. Going forward users are going to see more of native ads then the banner but we will try our best to keep the user dustruption minimum while getting sitr owner well monetized if they want to.

I apologize for the inconvenience! The Tapatalk app will be ad-free for SCM for the month of June as a Thank You for our loyal mobile senior community members:)

Also, if you participated on this thread prior to this post and would like a 2-month supporter subscription (or extension to any current subscription), that will make the apps ad-free for the duration and will greatly reduce ads on the desktop and mobile styles too. Please send Admin a PM to claim the subscription!

I would also like to thank everyone who does not use ad-blocker software or who has put Car-Seat.Org into their whitelist or no-block list. Ads do pay for forums costs, and some ads generate a tiny fraction of a penny each time they appear, even if they are not clicked or no subsequent purchase or other action is taken. So simply visiting the forum helps pay expenses! We also appreciate your support of our forum sponsors, including Clek, Kids-N-Cribs, Graco, Britax, Nuna, Maxi-Cosi and other advertisers.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I apologize for the inconvenience! The Tapatalk app will be ad-free for SCM for the month of June as a Thank You for our loyal mobile senior community members:)

Also, if you participated on this thread prior to this post and would like a 2-month supporter subscription (or extension to any current subscription), that will make the apps ad-free for the duration and will greatly reduce ads on the desktop and mobile styles too. Please send Admin a PM to claim the subscription!

I would also like to thank everyone who does not use ad-blocker software or who has put Car-Seat.Org into their whitelist or no-block list. Ads do pay for forums costs, and some ads generate a tiny fraction of a penny each time they appear, even if they are not clicked or no subsequent purchase or other action is taken. So simply visiting the forum helps pay expenses! We also appreciate your support of our forum sponsors, including Clek, Kids-N-Cribs, Graco, Britax, Nuna, Maxi-Cosi and other advertisers.

After 2 months ad-free I am resuming normal ad display for senior community members. Tapatalk indicates they have resolved some complaints a while back. Subscribers at Benefactor and Sponsor levels continue to see no banner ads on the desktop, mobile or apps. Supporter and Carseat Guru (~4 years, 5000 posts, 2500 rep) see minimal advertisements on desktop/mobile styles and none on the apps.

Any member who made a post in this Announcement/Feedback forum in May, June or July, 2015, may request a supporter subscription or extenstion of a current subscription through the end of 2015. This offer ends August 31st, 2015. Please send a PM to Admin. Offer applies even if you previously requested a 2-month extension.

Test: http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC