Tandems?

mscarder

I've come to the conclusion that all tandem double strollers suck... like theres no "you can have it all" tandem. Something has to give. I NEED a tandem for shopping where we live. Should I just get a cheap one like a graco ready2grow as it will do the job and then sell it as soon as I dont need a double and get a nice single again or is something like the baby jogger city select worth the extra? Are they're any between the 150-600$ range that I should consider... such as a contours one or chicco?

ADS

D&L's-mommy

I know a few people that have the contours double and are happy with it, but I don't think they're stroller obessed like me :rolleyes:. It is nice,but it's very large, and the seats are kind of small, but those aren't concerns for everyone. Would you consider buying a used tandem? then you can get a higher end one for less, then when you're ready to sell you'll get a higher % of your money back. There's nothing wrong with getting a lower price stroller, but if you're not thrilled with it in the store, you're going to hate it once you have to use it. For me, personally, I'd be happier with the contours than the graco. but I'd be even happier with the city select. Just depends on what's important to you, how often you'll be using it, and how much you're comfortable spending

mscarder

I just scored a Britax B-ready on NBD for 200$ with shipping!! So I think thats a great deal considering re-sale value. My son is 21m old and very petite so I think he'll fit in the second seat well. Plus the main seat on the b-ready is supposed to larger than the city select which means it'll last longer for my youngest as a single. I'm hoping I'll be in love with it....oh and I also picked up my youngest a cowmoo marathon for 110$!! :eek:

mscarder

So with the stroller plus second seat, any accessories I want/need for it, and the carseat I'm still under what the City Select would've cost! That should make DH okay with all the UPS packages right?

jordansmom

So with the stroller plus second seat, any accessories I want/need for it, and the carseat I'm still under what the City Select would've cost! That should make DH okay with all the UPS packages right?

You had a great day on nbd.com! Congrats and have fun once your packages arrive! I think you will love your b-ready! :D

jordansmom

Did you remember to use the code of the week "steal it" for an additional 10% off? If not you should be able to call back and explain you forgot to add it on and they should adjust your price!

mscarder

Yes I did!! I even scored my sister an Ergo organic for 55$ for her new baby! I showed my husband the website and he thinks its great that I saved so much now he wants to buy a grill from there!:p

Spam

awesome day for you! nbd hasn't been great lately, you really scored! :) Enjoy the packages and just show your dh the retail price added up vs what you paid, that usually works..

MommyShannon

Yes I did!! I even scored my sister an Ergo organic for 55$ for her new baby! I showed my husband the website and he thinks its great that I saved so much now he wants to buy a grill from there!:p

Wow! I looked on there yesterday and didn't see that! When the ergo comes just double check its not a fake. I know somebody got a fake that somebody must have returned as real. NBD would fix it of course. I ordered a water table and remote control cars and a doll house recently. Love that site!

mscarder

Well it was a good deal till my b-ready came today and I opened the box to find a very used b-agile instead!! :mad: Glad they're good with returns usually

mscarder

They already sent my shipping label so great customer service on their part! Be on the look out for a black b-agile on their in the next week or so ...its very used and beat up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC