Taking the Nautilus headrest OFF

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Figured it out. Obviously it isn't meant to be something done on a regular basis. LOL (and once installed it really shouldn't be necessary to remove it)

DaniChildcare

Off topic, but i saw someone trying to sell one WITHOUT the headrest the other day! (as in, apparently they had used it like that) :jaw:

trying to figure out if they just that that headrest was an "extra" part, or what :shrug-shoulders:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Off topic, but i saw someone trying to sell one WITHOUT the headrest the other day! (as in, apparently they had used it like that) :jaw:

trying to figure out if they just that that headrest was an "extra" part, or what :shrug-shoulders:
:eek: I guess they didn't read the manual which clearly states that installing the headrest is part of the seat's assembly.

DaniChildcare

Ok, sorry, I don't read the manual front to back (unless i'm confused on something) but common sense tells me, that if there are pieces in the box, they are supposed to be used, and if i can't figure out if they don't have to be used, i should probably look in the manual to find out :shrug-shoulders:

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Ok, sorry, I don't read the manual front to back (unless i'm confused on something) but common sense tells me, that if there are pieces in the box, they are supposed to be used, and if i can't figure out if they don't have to be used, i should probably look in the manual to find out :shrug-shoulders:

I can actually see parents thinking... Oh my 1/20 birthday was like yesterday saying, "OH, this is way over her head, she doesn't need this yet (think TrueFit) and not using it. Scary how many parents don't bother to read the manuals!!!

DaniChildcare

yea, i guess i could grasp that concept, but spare piece in box = reading manual in my terms.

It's kind of like when HP printers decided they'd save money not including the USB cord ... i thought i was missing a part, when in fact, they're just cheap and don't include it. I had to read through the manual to find that out though :whistle:

Kat_Momof3

when I had to replace the back portion of mine (top tether adjuster chomped a notch out of the tether and you can't remove the tether), they gave me directions... there are tiny holes where you insert the tip of a ball point pen to release it... (you only have to do one)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
when I had to replace the back portion of mine (top tether adjuster chomped a notch out of the tether and you can't remove the tether), they gave me directions... there are tiny holes where you insert the tip of a ball point pen to release it... (you only have to do one)
I did notice the holes, but couldn't find anything small enough around the house to put in it. My pens were too large.

Good to know for next time that the holes are the correct way to do it. Thanks! :thumbsup:

vamom

I have seen several being used without the headrest. one looked liek it had survived a bear attack or something and was being used by a local da.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC