SureRide without Honeycomb Fabric?

AllieK

Is there a SureRide sold that does not have that course honeycomb fabric on the sides? That stuff drives me crazy... hard to clean, scratchy, etc. I thought I saw one at Target that didn't have that fabric...?

What's the difference between the Sureride, Titan & Titan 65?

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Is there a SureRide sold that does not have that course honeycomb fabric on the sides? That stuff drives me crazy... hard to clean, scratchy, etc. I thought I saw one at Target that didn't have that fabric...? What's the difference between the Sureride, Titan & Titan 65?

The Sureride and Titan 65 are almost the same seat -- the Titan 65 (at least in the US) does not have any EPS or EPP foam in the headrest (as I learned last year when I bought one) and it has a more stripped down cover and padding.

http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.co...-Seats/Titan-65-Car-Seat-Tonal-351791533.aspx

That is the one I have. It doesn't have any EPS/EPP foam and the cover is quite thin. Other than that, I think it is the same one. It does not have any of the honeycomb fabric. I am not sure whether they have stopped making this seat, though, as it appears to be out of stock at Burlington now, and that was the only place where I have seen it before. It is usually sold as a "program" seat, I think.

There is a version of the Titan 65 that is a Walmart exclusive and has quick connectors. It is sold with the Tatum cover, though, and I don't know if that has the honeycomb fabric you are trying to avoid. I would guess that it also doesn't have the EPS/EPP foam, otherwise I would expect them to market it as a Sureride, not a Titan 65.

The Titan (no 65), I believe, is a totally different seat, with lower height and weight limits.

tjham

I don't know about the car seat but I understand about the fabric! I bought a backpack for my daughter that had what I think you are describing on the underside of the shoulder straps. She wears a lot of tank tops and hated the feel on her bare skin! So now I have a backpack (I do not wear tank tops.) and she is still looking for one she likes. :rolleyes: Almost all we have looked at have that scratchy fabric!

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The Titan 65 they have at Walmart looks different than the ones pictured in the links you provided, Nedra. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Evenflo-Titan-Convertible-Car-Seat-Tatum/35761531 I'm trying to remember if my SureRide has foam in the headrest...

Yep, the Walmart one is the "Tatum" one that I think might have some of the honeycomb fabric-- I just don't knowing it's hard to see in the picture. I think that the traditional, stripped down, Titan 65's in the links I provided are your best bet if you don't want any honeycomb, but you might be able to see the Walmart Titan in-person at a Walmart to see.

Your Sureride probably does have foam in the headrest. The ones at Target do, at least. That is the main difference between the Titan 65 and the Sureride and (along with the less-cushy fabric) is what accounts for the price difference. I would be very interested to know whether the Walmart Titan has EPS foam in the headrest -- if so, then the combo of the mini connectors and latch guides would make it a significant step up from the Sureride.

Not that it would solve your honeycomb fabric problem, though. :~)

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Also, I would double-check Walmart's description with Evenflo. Burlington and Evenflo had both described the Titan 65 that I bought as having energy-absorbing foam liner, but it didn't...and Evenflo confirmed that it wasn't on the Titan 65 anymore. Walmart also describes the RF weight limit of the seat you linked as 35 lbs in one part of the description, and 40 lbs in another part. It also lists a 37" height limit, whereas the Sureride has a 40" height limit. So there may be some significant differences there....or they may be typos. You never know with retailers! ;-)

AllieK

Also, I would double-check Walmart's description with Evenflo. Burlington and Evenflo had both described the Titan 65 that I bought as having energy-absorbing foam liner, but it didn't...and Evenflo confirmed that it wasn't on the Titan 65 anymore. Walmart also describes the RF weight limit of the seat you linked as 35 lbs in one part of the description, and 40 lbs in another part. It also lists a 37" height limit, whereas the Sureride has a 40" height limit. So there may be some significant differences there....or they may be typos. You never know with retailers! ;-)

Yes, I noticed that & thought maybe it was a typo but then again it says "Titan" not "Titan 65" so who knows what I would get! I will probably purchase in store since I want to check out the fabric so I will make sure it's the Titan 65 with the higher limits.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Ah, it looks like she has a slightly updated version of the SureRide chart (but fundamentally the same): https://m.facebook.com/thecarseatnerd/photos/pb.661209090583857.-2207520000.1441937950./896521903719240/?type=1&source=42

Yeah, according to Evenflo's website, the Walmart one is called a Titan 65 with SureSafe. So maybe the confusion with the regular Titan is Walmart's fault rather than Evenflo's....

http://www.evenflo.com/Products/Evenflo/Car_Seats/Titan_65_SureSafe/

If it has EPS foam, then I will be baffled by how it is cheaper than a SureRide -- they seem exactly the same except for the superior LATCH connectors on the Walmart version...

AllieK

It looks like maybe the Bishop fabric doesn't have the honeycomb so now I'm searching for one of those in store near me. So far it looks like only Target has it. I wish BRU had it so I could take advantage of the trade-in.
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC