SureRide... not loving it

lovemybabybug

SureRide - with toddler, newborn doll, recline - Revised photos

When this fist came out I loved it, I thought it would be the solution to keep my daycare kiddo RF (she just outgrew the MR RF at 31 months). The whole rf height limit just blows, because now she can't fit rf in it either.)

My kid is almost 33 months, 26 lbs, 35 ish inches. Not sure on torso length.
She was on the 2nd from bottom slots without the insert. She could maybe get away with the third slots from bottom, but she is dead even with them, and after she got comfy and slouched down a little she was bellow them.
It's super tall though, she could FF in that thing forever.
DSC_0513_754-1.jpg

And if I decided to turn her FF this is the slot she would have to use. I can definitely see a parent who doesn't read the manual sticking a 1-year old in this seat using one of the bottom slots
DSC_0521_760-1.jpg

I don't like how the harness go over her thighs, instead of coming over the hips, but that's how she fits in the tribute too. my finger is where the back of the seat is so you can see how far out the harness is.
DSC_0517_756-1.jpg

Hate the buckle, just as bad as the new Graco ones. Not a fan of the continuous harness. The straps are thin, they look they would twist easily.

Here's the seat in the upright mode the reclined. There's a foot that you pull out for RF.
DSC_0493_736-2.jpg
DSC_0494_737-1.jpg

DSC_0518_757-1.jpg

Now the with a NB doll. This doll is a small NB at 18.5 inches. Would probably bit a bit longer if the legs were streched, but well I can't strech them :D I tried measuring its torso and got a little less then 6.5 inches. Fantastic fit for such a tiny doll. With the insert and the harnedd in the first slots, they were still bellow the doll's shoulder.
DSC_0496_739-1.jpg

DSC_0497_740-1.jpg
DSC_0498_741-1.jpg

DSC_0500_742-1.jpg

Here's a comparison pic of the doll in the Triumph and the MR with the new insert.
DSC_0504_746-1.jpg

DSC_0505_747-1.jpg
DSC_0506_748-1.jpg

The MR has new LATCH connectors!! No more tilt LATCH. It also has removable cup holders.

Last edited:
ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I would love to know their reasoning behind 37". Because it makes no sense looking at her, especially as she's not even to the third slot yet.

Wendy

Dmcj13

I didn't love it either :( My thin 40 lb 5 year old did not fit, the harness wouldn't close around her.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Agreed, it still seems arbitrary. "Hey, the three year old's head isn't over the top, let's give 37" the limit." Ummm, will it fail if the child is 40" still with six inches above their head? If so, is it safe to use it forward facing with the head that high?

Wendy

RubysGirl

I know nothing about that seat, but re: the thin straps and continuous harness, it shouldn't be a problem. If you pay attention when you put kids in the seat, it won't twist. We've had a cosco seat in continuous(read daily) use for over four years. I can count on one hand how many times I've had to unbuckle to untwist the straps. Usually only happens when the kid self buckles. I actually like the continuous harness- it's great when you don't want to be bothered with loosening and tightening every time you take them out or put them in. I only have to adjust it if we're going from a swimsuit one day to a sweatsuit the next. KWIM?

NannyMom

Dmcj13 said:
I didn't love it either :( My thin 40 lb 5 year old did not fit, the harness wouldn't close around her.

Did you lengthen the harness? It lengthens just like the Titan.

lovemybabybug

And just because, a few more pics

PURPLE boosters!!! :love::love::love: Too bad dd is light years away from boostering.
DSC_0511_753-1.jpg

Pretty boosters, loving the Amp
DSC_0509_751-1.jpg

New MA cover. I like it. Not plush, feels like it would be good for the summer. It also looks cushier and I like the black shell.
DSC_0508_750-1.jpg

Last edited:

cowgirlsmommy

I wasn't impressed either when I tried my kids in it. My 6 year old, even though she had plenty of room harness height wise, could barely squeeze into it because the harness isn't long enough.
My 2 yr old....well I think they kidnapped her at night and decided on the rf'ing height limit because of her. lol. She's 34 in tall and was already above the top rf'ing slot. I'm guessing she'd be close to the 1st ff'ing slot when she hit 37 in. She's my little bitty though. I can't imagine most 2 yr olds would fit like she does. She still has lots of rf'ing room in her Britax Advocate 70 CS.
Don't get me started on the buckle. I could barely get it to fasten in the first place, then it was really hard to get it to unbuckle. I can't imagine a set of grandparents trying to deal with that thing.

lovemybabybug

Thanks ladies! He is my favorite baby in my collection right now.

A reborn doll is a doll that is hand painted and the hair is hand rooted to look like real babies. They are weighted like real babies and usually have lifelike proportions.

The sureride is $99.

jacqui276

I totally thought that that was a real baby too! haha

I love the purple boosters! If only I had a reason to buy another booster...

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Do you carry that doll with you all the time or just when you are testing out seats? Did you get any funny looks putting it in the seat?

lovemybabybug

Do you carry that doll with you all the time or just when you are testing out seats? Did you get any funny looks putting it in the seat?

It sits in a curio cabinet at my house. This is the first time I took it out in public and I only took it to the store to try it in this seat because it had such low bottom slots I was curious to see how it would fit a small baby. It was wrapped in a blanket the whole time and my target was pretty empty so no one saw the doll.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It sits in a curio cabinet at my house. This is the first time I took it out in public and I only took it to the store to try it in this seat because it had such low bottom slots I was curious to see how it would fit a small baby. It was wrapped in a blanket the whole time and my target was pretty empty so no one saw the doll.

Ah! Cool!

I was just curious for two reasons. :) First, I was wondering how you carried it in the store; it look so real that I was worried people would be concerned if it were just laying in a cart. :eek: Second, I was at a store a few weeks agao and there was a woman carrying around two of those reborn dolls. I thought they were real babies, but then she placed them on a bench while she tried on a jacket, and then I realized that they were not real. I was a bit freaked out; she had been talking to the dolls and rubbing their heads.

Your doll just made me think of that experience! :)

lovemybabybug

Ah! Cool!

I was just curious for two reasons. :) First, I was wondering how you carried it in the store; it look so real that I was worried people would be concerned if it were just laying in a cart. :eek: Second, I was at a store a few weeks agao and there was a woman carrying around two of those reborn dolls. I thought they were real babies, but then she placed them on a bench while she tried on a jacket, and then I realized that they were not real. I was a bit freaked out; she had been talking to the dolls and rubbing their heads.

Your doll just made me think of that experience! :)

Nope, definitely not my style :D I know people who will put them in a stroller and take them around town but it is not my thing.

I did go to a doll convention last month and people at the hotel were pretty amazed by them. A bunch of the ladies would take their dolls to the applebees across the street and it was pretty funny. Some people wanted to touch and hold them and all the waitresses wanted to wall wound with them. We had a young college student guy come over and ask to hold one. But other than to go to doll shows /conventions, my dolls don't leave my cabinet.

vonfirmath

I almost bought that orange Highback Turbobooster at Target last night! $49.99! I decided I needed to bring my son in to try it out first.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC