Superlatch or Seatbelt?

Mugsmom

I reinstalled my son's (6 mos. old) Radian XTSL using the seatbelt after reading on here all the issues people have been having with SL.

He's now RF in the 2nd row Captain's chair passenger side of our 07 Odyssey. I had to twist the belt stalk 2 full turns to get anything close to a good install. It's now rock-the-car tight (it was that or 2 inches movement at the beltpath with 1 1/2 turns of the stalk), so tight I was worried the buckle might be under too much stress. Unfortunately, the only angle I can get with the seatbelt is 45 degrees.

When I used the SL, I could get a 38 degree angle, and I could keep the Captain's Chair in the center of the van, instead of having to move it outboard.

Considering the problems people have been having with SL, which do you think is preferable?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I imagine the problem related to the SL strap is largely car-specific. There are a lot of people having problems, but a lot aren't. If your SL strap isn't loosening, I see no reason to be concerned. Just check it before each trip. (At the same time, there's absolutely nothing wrong with using the belt either, but if I got a better angle with LATCH, I'd use that.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC