Stroller suggestion for newborn

C

confusednewbie

Hi all,
I'm new here and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a stroller that can be used for a newborn.
Reasonably priced, lightweight, universal for infant seats.

Thanks!
Michelle:)

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Well, everybody has their own definition of reasonable...but I'd say the Peg Perego P3 would be a GREAT stroller, and well worth the $$. It lays virtually flat for a newborn, and accomodates most brands of infant seats. I'd love to sell my Chicco and get the P3 to replace it.

U

Unregistered

Are you looking for an actual stroller that can accept an infant seat to make it a travel system? Or are you looking for a stroller frame, which is basically an empty frame to which you attach the infant seat?

Two lightweight strollers that I can think of that accept infant seats are the Graco Mosaic and the Britax Preview.

If you want to go the stroller frame route, I would suggest one of the following:
Graco SnugRider, Maclaren Easy Traveller, Snap N Go, or the Kolcraft Universal.

Good luck!

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Kay--what Chicco do you want to get rid of?

The Chicco C1 and Cortina both lay flat and take the Chicco KeyFit. I'm not sure if they take other brands though.

Susan

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
SusanMae said:
Kay--what Chicco do you want to get rid of?

I have the Tuscany. It doesn't accept any car seats. It's a wonderful stroller...I just want the P3...not that I need it! LOL

C

confusednewbie

Thanks!!
Those seem to be the 2 that I keep hearing about- the P3 and the Chicco C1.

I really want one that the seat can sit on if I ever wanted it to. I plan on mostly using the stroller just as a stroller and not a travel system, but I want the option, so no snap in ones for me.

When I go to do my registry my infant seats I'm trying out and picking between are the KeyFit and the SafeSeat and the those are the two strollers. I appreciate your help!

Michelle

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
If it matters to you the Chicco C1 and Cortina come as travel systems--so you could just register for the one item.

The C1 has 2 handles--like umbrella strollers and the Cortina has a bar with a parent tray.

Susan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC