speculations on the next Kia minivan?

teekadog

We figure we will need a bigger minivan in a few years so we're wondering what Kia has up its sleeve. Googling and finding speculation that it will resemble their KV7 concept car is not great news to me... I want another competitor for the Toyota Sienna/Honda Odyssey arena- one that has all the good points of each model (roomy 8 passenger, LATCH everywhere, tons of safety features, nimble handling, easy access). What do people on here think?

ADS

threeundertwo

This is a great question! We recently debated trading in our Mazda 5 for a minivan but are hoping to make it a few more years. We were seriously looking at the Sedona but want 8 passenger seating so we could do 3 across in the 2nd row. Hoping the new Kia will not look like that whacky KV7 and be more like the previous Sienna with regards to seating. I'll be keeping my eye on this thread. Thanks!

teekadog

I contacted Kia. As I expected they couldn't tell me much but were very nice. There will definitely NOT be a 2013, but there definitely WILL be a new design in 2014. North America Kia has no idea on if it will be 8-pass. or not or any other details I asked for, but strongly feel it will have sliding doors. Kia wants to stay in the minivan market and that means sliding doors- they are already happy with their SUV/crossover models. (I asked because I used to have a Mazda MPV and hated the lack of sliding doors.)

sirrahn

I would be interested to know too, but I think I'd still be pretty leery of buying one. While they seem like great vans on paper features and crashtest-wise, The two that friends have had basically fell apart and were needing multiple repairs within just a few years of ownership. They were not all things that were covered under their warranty either.

teekadog

I would be interested to know too, but I think I'd still be pretty leery of buying one. While they seem like great vans on paper features and crashtest-wise, The two that friends have had basically fell apart and were needing multiple repairs within just a few years of ownership. They were not all things that were covered under their warranty either.

I've heard Kia horror stories as well :( But I also know multiple families that are still happy with their Sedonas/Entourages years later. And I have heard Chevy/GMC/Honda/Dodge horror stories too. Lemon stories get all the press, but these car brands have been around for years so they must be doing something right.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC