Sorry - another air travel question

momtobe2007

Ok, I know I'm posting a million questions about airline travel, but I'm trying to figure out what to do! So sorry!!

Here's the situation:

Currently, we have a MA and an EFTA for dd (2 years old). Originally, my plan was to just let her sit in the regular seat and buy a lightweight travel car seat (Cosco Scenara). Since doing much research, I've decided I want her in her car seat on the plane.

So, do we use her MA? Is it a beast to carry thru the airport? We will have a stroller (maclaren quest), so maybe we can sit it in there if dd won't sit in the stroller?? Will it take up a ton of space in the seat? She's a kicker, so I'm concerned she'll be kicking the seat in front of her. :( I'm guessing the EFTA will be too big for an airplane seat, so not really considering bringing it with.

Or...do I buy a smaller, light weight car seat (probably the SF Avenue) and bring that with instead??

WWYD?

Thanks for bearing with me and answering all my questions!!

ADS

aaminnky

Senior Community Member
I recently traveled with my 13 month old. He normally rides in a Marathon, but I bought a Scenera for the trip. It worked out great and I would highly suggest it. The Scenera is a lot lighter, thus much easier to transport through the airport. It came in its own bag and we strapped it by its handle to our rolling carry-on which made life easy.

If you install the Scenera FF on the plane I think the buckle might be right behind your child's back and may be uncomfortable since there is very little padding. (Hopefully someone can confirm this and give some advice. We had DS RF.)

Also, be prepared for every airline employee you encounter to ask you to check your CS. DH even commented on how eager they were to check our seat :rolleyes:.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Put her rear facing, she is so much safer that way anyways, and she won't be able to kick the seat in front of her.

Honestly? I'd just take the Marathon. It's way easier to install RFing than the Scenera or Avenue IMO.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC