Somebody did their homework...Infinity commercial

twinsmom

I don't usually get worked up about carseat use or misuse in commercials (except for that horrible Subaru hockey commercial.....) but anyway, this one did a really good job. Little girl harnessed, older kids in seatbelts, and "middle" kids in third row in backless boosters. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ3S1T5Kpw0&list=PL8807C238BF405076&index=1&feature=plcp"]Infiniti JX - All Together - YouTube[/ame]

ADS

monstah

I haven't clicked on the link yet but I want to guess before I do - My guess is VW....

ETA: ROFL, and now I see the whole title of the thread. :p

The chest clip was a little low, and I don't think the ffing seat was tethered. Am I correct? It would be impossibly to move the seat that easily if it was tethered! But tethering is not required for most seats.. So I guess that's fine. Haha

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
A while back a vehicle company (forget which one) was shooting a commercial near me and needed a tech to serve as a technical advisor to make sure their car seat were correct. :thumbsup: I couldn't do it, but my friend did. So some companies actually take it seriously.

twinsmom

crazycarseatjess said:
The chest clip was a little low, and I don't think the ffing seat was tethered. Am I correct? It would be impossibly to move the seat that easily if it was tethered! But tethering is not required for most seats.. So I guess that's fine. Haha

I wasn't looking for absolute, nit-picky perfection. For a car commercial this is very good.

canadiangie

It is tethered, and one of the big marketing features of the JX is that you can slide the outboard passenger 2nd row seat forward with a child seat installed.

monstah

It looks tethered to me. A lot of vehicles have the anchor on the vehicle seat. I had a GN installed with LATCH and TT in the third row of my Ford and I could tip the entire seat back, kind of like astronauts during take off, and the seat was still perfectly installed. :)

MommyShannon

Yep, it's tethered. I was excited when I saw this on tv. Our Ody is the same way with the tether on the back of the seat. As long as you have a child under the LATCH limits and install that way, it's so nice to be able to slide the seat forward as needed. Our seat belts are mounted to the side though so it doesn't work that way with seatbelt installs in the Ody.
ETA: there is another commercial for this that shows the tether better.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
That is just AWESOME that you can slide the seat forward with it tethered.

I noticed the chest clip was a little low, too, but, meh, it wasn't down by the crotch buckle either.

Now I guess I'll have to look at an Infinity for my next car. LOL. What a novel idea. A seat that can move without having to uninstall the child restraint!! Why hasn't someone thought of that sooner?

Shanora

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71x0Hb32NV4"]Infiniti "We Choose" 2013 Infiniti JX Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

You can see the top tether installed in this video. I'm so impressed with this Company!!

Shanora

I also love that it automatically stops before you do if something is behind the vehicle when you are backing up!!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJO86n0gVoM&feature=related"]Infiniti JX: We Choose - YouTube[/ame]

MommyShannon

This shows the anchors better. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dm2Y8ZyhQg&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]2013 Infiniti JX - YouTube[/ame] The seatbelt is mounted on the frame so it's the same as an Ody, but they were smarter to advertise it. I only see one anchor in the 3rd row unless others are located somewhere else. Is the LATCH limit higher than Honda? I keep DD2 in the seat that I need to slide forward since she is the only one I have under 40# but she is RF so I move the front seat then her seat to give that extra space if needed.

Shanora

Looks like it has 4 Top Tether Anchors. WHich is more than most vehicles out there right now. Although having 6 would be awesome!

Kat_Momof3

I would have liked to see the tutu be taken off and put back on, her chest clip be a bit higher and harness a little tighter, but other than that, GREAT GREAT carseat use for a commercial (and I see the backless boosters were cosco top sides!)

Possibly one of the commercials with best use I've seen yet.

KelliBella

Yeah, pretty great! I have to admit that I love the hockey commercial, but cringe at the misuse every time. It would have still been cute with boosters! WTG, Infinity!

I want this car now. That did it for me. Having a seat installed and being able to move it..AHMAZING! :) lol. I can do that in my Honda Odyssey if im using LATCH, but it only moves a little. Enough to get by, but not comfortable.

Thats why we usually put the two bucket seats together..so theres a space for another kid to get to the 3rd row.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC