So *that's* what installing a car seat should be like..

hel

No two hour odyssey? No tools necessary? No crying? Huh. I could get used to this!

For those of you who don't remember, I originally bought a Mico for my daughter, and had no luck installing it myself, and went through three teams of techs at the local St. John's. We should have returned it, but I loved (and still love) my Foray. When we replaced it in May with her convertible, we went with a TrueFit Premier, and I took it to the Car Seat Safety Installation Workshop at the Mississauga St. Johns. They were awesome and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Today (on the day she hits 11 months), I needed to install the upper seatback, which meant uninstalling and reinstalling at a more upright angle. I'd been really hoping that we could hold off until I go back to work in 3 weeks and we can buy the new car, but I weighed her at 21.6 pounds this morning and I'd rather go .4 pounds too early than find out sometime next week that she went over when I wasn't looking.

It went brilliantly. In less than 15 minutes, we got a solid (enough to rock the car, though my sense is it's just slightly less rock-solid than I got with the guy at MSJ) install, got the upper seat back on, and got the front seat adjusted to a reasonably workable configuration for my husband.

Happy hel is happy!

ADS

finn

Awesome :)

I just got a frontier, its like it was purpose built for my car, 3 seconds and it was in, easy, after 4 years of struggling with car seats I never knew it could be so easy :)

Keeanh

I haven't used the premier, but the basic TF is an awesome seat to install too. It's actually enjoyable!

Yeah it's alright. The lockoffs take some getting used to (I'm refraining from any puns on "learning curve" here :p). I think I got a good "system" with my last install. My fastest installing seat so far is the FF MR65. Stuff seatbelt through nice big belt path. Shove knee into seat and pull belt tight. Clip tether anchor & pull tight. Done.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC