so proud! (bragging ahead LOL)

wildeyes

so, funny story. went to the waterpark, and had a blast. left because it was getting to be "time to go", and so we had everyone loaded into the car, buckled and everything. then i decided to get my wallet out of the trunk, and grab a juicebox before we took off. and... i left the keys in the trunk... in a car with no trunk pop (WHY do they make that!?) meanwhile, clouds are gathering, baby is waking up and deciding hes hungry, and my mom's not answering her cell (she was on vacation, and it was HER car)

dh and i are standing there scratching our heads going what the heck do we do now, and some random guy walked by, so i flagged him down to help. he's looking through the manual (and if anyone says rtfm i might reach through the computer and beat you with a noodle lol) while dh and i are trying to decide if we can force the backseat down (oh did i mention the seats dont fold either!!!)

so dh and i decide we can force the seat enough to get my arm down, and maybe reach the keys, but i needed to un-install the two radians. a ff radian, and a rf with an angle adjuster and rf tether.

not TWO SECONDS after i get the rf out (the second seat) they guy who was reading the manual got the trunk open with a push of the button (i guess like double clicking the unlock on the car door)

soo.. i grab the keys, start the car for the a/c, and start putting in the seats so we can go home. got the baby's seat in no problem (rf with angle adjuster and tether) and i get out of the car to grab dd2's seat, and its got a few raindrops on it. (you see where this is going lol)

it poured. and poured. the kind of pouring where its so loud in the car you cant hear yourself think, pouring. dh managed to get himself and 3 kids in the car before they got soaked, and i had to finish putting dd2's seat in, with the door open and my head getting rained on. got it in, went to do the top tether, and it got stuck behind the seat, so had to take it out and re-do it again.

time span from trunk opening to full carseat install? ~5 minutes. go. me. :D

ADS
G

guest1

You definitely deserve to brag! That's awesome. Well done you. :)

krfogle88

Thats impressive! That would have had to have been a pia! I wouldnt have been using "nice" words at that point. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC