Snugride 30 vs 35 vs Click Connect

Alison's Mom

Pros / Cons? From what I've read, the 30 has a narrower base, but can sometimes require locking clip with seatbelt install? 35 has better ht/wt limits, easier to install but wider so no good for 3 across. The 35 Click Connect has the narrower base and high ht/wt limits and light to carry, so wouldn't this be the best choice? What's installation like for the click connect? I can only find it in one cover - the brownish circle patterned one - at BRU and TJs.

And how would be best of the snugrides compare to the keyfit?

First child, tall mom, med-tall ish dad, will live mostly in Outlander but possibly subaru impreza sedan baseless if possible, occasionally.

ADS

nannykates

The click connect base is even narrower than the classic 30. Its also a bit easier to work with but not as much so as the classic 35.

The classics are compatible with more stoller brands because there isnt adapters for click connect yet.

The keyfit is more compact than any of them and is super easy to use, but also has a shorter shell so its outgrown faster.

The click 30 and 35 have the exact same shell and both will be outgrown by height before 30# (generally speaking), so unless you really like a 35 cover better save the money and go with the 30.

Clear as mud?

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I don't know if we even have the 30 Click Connect yet - or are you asking about the 30 Classic Connect?

How soon do they need it? I hear we're getting the KeyFit 30 soon, within a month or so.

The 35 Click Connect is very slim and lightweight. I would probably try to get a version with the lock-off on the base though, just for easier use.

Alison's Mom

The click connect base is even narrower than the classic 30. Its also a bit easier to work with but not as much so as the classic 35.

The classics are compatible with more stoller brands because there isnt adapters for click connect yet.

The keyfit is more compact than any of them and is super easy to use, but also has a shorter shell so its outgrown faster.

The click 30 and 35 have the exact same shell and both will be outgrown by height before 30# (generally speaking), so unless you really like a 35 cover better save the money and go with the 30.

Clear as mud?
Thanks!! Hmmm, no adapters for click connect would be a deal breaker I think.

I don't know if we even have the 30 Click Connect yet - or are you asking about the 30 Classic Connect?

How soon do they need it? I hear we're getting the KeyFit 30 soon, within a month or so.

The 35 Click Connect is very slim and lightweight. I would probably try to get a version with the lock-off on the base though, just for easier use.
Thanks! Yes, sorry I wasn't clear. I'm asking about the 30 Classic vs 35 Classic VS 35 Click Connect. Re the 35 Click Connect, this is the one I'm looking at: http://www.tjskids.com/graco-snugride-click-connect-infant-seat-brompton-p-13512.html. Baby is due early Apr, but they are wanting to shop this week. If Keyfit 30 is imminent, and much better, may be willing to hold off. Needs to be Graco, Chicco, or Peg to go with already purchased stroller, but Click Connect won't work with any stroller?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
When is the 2014 Peg infant seat coming out? It's been changed and supposed to have some great features. It would be worth looking at if it will be out in time.

Alison's Mom

Oh, didn't know about the 2014 Peg. She had wanted the 2013 Peg, but after reading some so-so reviews on here, mentioned to her and she's considering keyfit and snugrides now.

nannykates

When is the 2014 Peg infant seat coming out? It's been changed and supposed to have some great features. It would be worth looking at if it will be out in time.

2nd quarter in the US and I haven't seen any hype other than the abc expo stuff. Im not sure it will be out in canada for an April baby.

Ps-sorry about the click connect 30! Im noy good at noticing when im in the canadian forum when im mobile.

Alison's Mom

Thanks NannyKates!

I guess it's keyfit22 VS classic connect 30/35.

What do people like/dislike about the 30 and 35. I thought 35 was a better seat, then read something about people really liking the 30. . . .?

Alison's Mom

The 30 is narrower and cheaper. If you arent going want to use an infant carrier past 1 yr its a better value.
Thanks. 35 easier to install though? The difference on sale prices is only $20. They'll want to get the better one, and I doubt they are thinking of having 3 kids, so narrowness less of an issue, although you never know!

Pixelated

I think it will come down to how long they might use the seat for, and if they expect a very small baby.

The 30 can get tight in the shoulders toward the far end of the limits; the 35 is a super simple base install with the lock-off. The 30 is a nicer fit on a small newborn because it has two crotch buckle positions, whereas the 35 has one. Both are great really. The 30 has a 30" height limit, the 35 has a 32" height limit. Most people are not carting the seat around much by the time they're close to either of those limits. Baseless installs should be pretty similar.

I think they'd be best served trying them out in their vehicles and see what fits better.

Or wait a month and see if the KeyFit 30 is out, in which case that's probably my favourite seat, assuming it's the 22 but with the increased weight limit.

Alison's Mom

Oops duh...original post.
We've all done it! ; )

I think it will come down to how long they might use the seat for, and if they expect a very small baby.

The 30 can get tight in the shoulders toward the far end of the limits; the 35 is a super simple base install with the lock-off. The 30 is a nicer fit on a small newborn because it has two crotch buckle positions, whereas the 35 has one. Both are great really. The 30 has a 30" height limit, the 35 has a 32" height limit. Most people are not carting the seat around much by the time they're close to either of those limits. Baseless installs should be pretty similar.

I think they'd be best served trying them out in their vehicles and see what fits better.

Or wait a month and see if the KeyFit 30 is out, in which case that's probably my favourite seat, assuming it's the 22 but with the increased weight limit.
OK, thanks - this is helpful,l Jen! Hmmm, lock-offs VS second crotch position. . . which to pick?? Would the 35 crotch position fit on a 'regular' sized newborn or so most people need a rolled wash cloth?

Do you know when we might get a definite date on the Keyfit 30? And which retailers might be getting them first?

kmw

Sears has the KF30 in their newest catalogue so I would bet they will be getting it right away once released. Price is steep though - $269.

Pixelated

We've all done it! ; )

OK, thanks - this is helpful,l Jen! Hmmm, lock-offs VS second crotch position. . . which to pick?? Would the 35 crotch position fit on a 'regular' sized newborn or so most people need a rolled wash cloth?

Do you know when we might get a definite date on the Keyfit 30? And which retailers might be getting them first?

If it were ME I'd pick the lock-off, knowing I might need a rolled cloth in addition to the infant insert that has a 'filler' piece with it. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes not enough.

I've sent an inquiry about the KeyFit 30. Unfortunately it being in the Sears catalogue isn't necessarily a good indication of a seat coming soon...or at all, like the Graco Size4Me that appeared in last year's as an error. But, stranger things have happened and I hope we see it really soon! $269 is kind of pricey though.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Will this seat be in between Turbos? If so, I'd pick a click connect (30 or 35, if you even have the 30, it really doesn't matter, same super narrow base for easier buckling of a Turbo next to it). Chicco is w.i.d.e at the foot/base where you are reaching to buckle boosters.
Anyway, that's just what I'd do, I had booster kids and infant seat baby at the same time, though different car and narrower boosters.
Funny you guys have the Brompton cover up there without being sold only as a travel system, I love that cover, loathe the massive stroller it comes with!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
And I'm the flip side, I'd want the extra crotch strap position. I can't stand adding rolled towels and washcloths to seats and hubby hates fiddling with that stuff too.

And I've never actually needed a RF lockoff. My rear facing seats have always been installed in a centre or outboard position that had lower anchors and with enough room to fit beside other seats. So I never had to worry about seat tipping with seatbelt/needing a lockoff.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC