Question Snugli line

SignCuer

Anybody heard of the Snugli line of carseats? I'm at BBB right now and I see a convertible (all in one) and combination seat. Are they any good?

ForumRunner_20130205_130230.png

ForumRunner_20130205_130319.png

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
A $230 SecureKid...sorry I don't get it :scratcheshead:

Camouflage. Duh!

Just kidding...yeah, seriously, it's just a reinforced evenflo express underneath all that, so it's not like they've had to spend jillions on design and testing, the 'same' seat has been out for over 10 years!

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
The shell of the Secure Kid is based on the Maestro, not the Chase. And it's reinforced because of the higher (65 lbs) weight limit.

Truthfully, the difference in price between the Snugli version (MSRP $229) and the Evenflo Secure Kid 400 model (MSRP $149) is all in the soft goods. The memory foam, designer fashions and the fabric made with Outlast temperature-regulating material (which is a technology originally developed for NASA) make this product the equivalent of a designer tempurpedic pillow for your kid to ride around in every day.

At ABC I learned that they partnered with designer Jennifer DeLonge (wife of Tom Delonge of Blink-182 fame) to create fashions that specifically appeal to modern moms and dads who don't want traditional-looking baby products. Honestly, this is a smart move for every baby gear manufacturer right now since the "modern baby" movement shows no sign of slowing based on how much real estate it takes up at the ABC Show - Modern Baby has its own section of the expo floor plan and it's huge!

I know there are lots of parents who won't pay a premium for better soft goods or modern designer fashions but there are many parents who will. There is no right or wrong, it's just a matter of personal preference, style and budget, of course. At least in this case, you're actually getting something extra for the additional cost. It's not just the name EB or Ferrari or Simpson slapped on a product that is otherwise exactly the same. Just my :twocents:

Info on Outlast® technology: http://www.outlast.com/en/technology/

The shell of the Secure Kid is based on the Maestro, not the Chase. And it's reinforced because of the higher (65 lbs) weight limit.

Truthfully, the difference in price between the Snugli version (MSRP $229) and the Evenflo Secure Kid 400 model (MSRP $149) is all in the soft goods. The memory foam, designer fashions and the fabric made with Outlast temperature-regulating material (which is a technology originally developed for NASA) make this product the equivalent of a designer tempurpedic pillow for your kid to ride around in every day.

At ABC I learned that they partnered with designer Jennifer DeLonge (wife of Tom Delonge of Blink-182 fame) to create fashions that specifically appeal to modern moms and dads who don't want traditional-looking baby products. Honestly, this is a smart move for every baby gear manufacturer right now since the "modern baby" movement shows no sign of slowing based on how much real estate it takes up at the ABC Show - Modern Baby has its own section of the expo floor plan and it's huge!

I know there are lots of parents who won't pay a premium for better soft goods or modern designer fashions but there are many parents who will. There is no right or wrong, it's just a matter of personal preference, style and budget, of course. At least in this case, you're actually getting something extra for the additional cost. It's not just the name EB or Ferrari or Simpson slapped on a product that is otherwise exactly the same. Just my :twocents:

Info on Outlast® technology: http://www.outlast.com/en/technology/

I'm one of those parents. I know this is an old thread, but after running a search, there's not much on the Snugli.

DD needs a new FF seat. The Blvd she's got is getting too inconvenient in terms of size. Looking for something with a much lower base and cupholders.

Happy with the Frontier, but it's like $330. That's pricey. So, the Snugli for $100 less looks awfully appealing. DS has that Graco combo booster in my mom's car, but I'm not overly fond of it. Mainly because of the quality of the soft goods in the Graco. Hence, the appeal of the Snugli. It just feels incredible. That plus the intriguing LATCH connectors makes me excited.

Just trying to figure out if it's an ok seat otherwise. Apparently, people just say "it's just an Evenflo" but don't describe whether the Evenflo is good or bad or why so I'm off to try and research Evenflo seats. I don't care if it's old. I still like old Marathons/Blvds cuz while basic in features compared to seats now, they still were easy to use and comfy.

Rebekah

I was in BBB yesterday and was looking at this seat. I really liked the ridiculous cushy-ness of it, but was less than impressed with the height limits.
RF - 5 to 40 lbs., 37 in. and can only use two lowest harness positions
FF - 22 to 65 lbs., 28 to 50 in.
B - 40 to 110 lbs., 43.3 to 57 in.

Phineasmama

Happy with the Frontier, but it's like $330. That's pricey. So, the Snugli for $100 less looks awfully appealing. DS has that Graco combo booster in my mom's car, but I'm not overly fond of it. Mainly because of the quality of the soft goods in the Graco. Hence, the appeal of the Snugli. It just feels incredible. That plus the intriguing LATCH connectors makes me excited.

What?? I've owned like 6 frontiers and FR90s (total) and I've never paid more than like $250 for one. For my brand new FR90 in Zebra I paid $230 on Diapers.com and got two free kick mats.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
"just an Evenflo" to me means nothing exciting, you still have to rethread the harness, there's no recline, not very tall as a booster. I still like it better than a Nautilus, personally (deeper crotch strap, lighter, if it has the secure latch, it's super duper easy to install). But truly given that the Frontier 90 really is only 230, and the Pioneer is out at 229 (MSRP, just like the FR90, it'll be lower than that in about 5 minutes on lots of sites ;)), I'd probably prefer the better recline, leg support, and nicer harness, for an everyday seat.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
I'm one of those parents. I know this is an old thread, but after running a search, there's not much on the Snugli.

DD needs a new FF seat. The Blvd she's got is getting too inconvenient in terms of size. Looking for something with a much lower base and cupholders.

I happen to be a big fan of the Secure Kid 400 (which the Snugli Harnessed Booster is based on). I don't love it as a booster because you have to thread the lap belt under the red tabs which is an annoying extra step for most kids who are old enough to buckle themselves (with supervision, of course) but it does tend to provide very good belt fit in BPB mode. If you're just looking for a FF harnessed seat and you can live with a continuous harness and you don't need a no-rethread harness - the Secure Kid (or the Snugli Harnessed Booster) could be an excellent choice. If your child is light enough for you to take advantage of the SureLATCH feature - that's icing on the cake.

Honestly, if the Blvd "is getting too inconvenient in terms of size" then you're not going to love a giant Frontier 90. Don't get me wrong - I love the Frontier 90 but it's not going to be at the top of my list if I'm in the market for something lightweight and portable.

If you haven't seen it already - we have a full review (including all the advantages/disadvantages) of the Secure Kid here: http://carseatblog.com/16523/evenfl...ew-lightweight-champion-of-combination-seats/

The Snugli model offers all of the features of the Secure Kid 400 (“e3″ Side-Impact protection, SureLATCH connectors), plus it has memory foam for added comfort and Outlast® temperature-regulating fabric to help keep kids from overheating in the summer.

HTH!

Yeah, that memory foam and temp regulating fabric is what is selling the Snugli to me.

I mean the Blvd is inconvenient in terms of size because the base makes it so tall. A Frontier is MUCH lower profile. That's my main issue. My children aren't exactly... large. In any dimension (well, the girl is kinda tall but not exceptionally so... more compared to her brother than anything else). If you can't see my siggy, I've got a Blvd, 3 Frontier 85s, a Recaro Como, and a Radian XTSL.

No thread harness isn't a huge deal for me. Not compared to that memory foam. But low profile is most important cuz I've accidentally hit DD on the head helping her get in/out of the seat. I hate the Radian actually so I don't wanna replace the Blvd with the Radian. It's got nice features but sucks to use in real life IMO (ie the features and basic parts don't work well or smoothly).

henrietta

I'm another fan of the SK. My son loves his. My only real complaints are the sharp edges on the bottom and the more difficult than I want buckle...

If I had the $$, I would consider the Snugli line of it, too...for the foam and fabric.

cookie123

I also like the Secure Kid. The 400 is fairly cushy. Matt can still use it with latch because it's so light and SureLatch can be a beautiful thing! It does do a number on your seats though. I'm actually becoming more fond of the lighter seats. It's getting hard for me to maneuver some of the heavier seats since I hurt my arm.

Phineasmama

I like the idea of the memory foam and temp reducing fabric but I haven't seen any fabrics that appeal to me, and I'm usually the kind of person who likes the more "modern" looking stuff and not traditional baby fabrics. :shrug-shoulders:

Maybe it's the camo throwing me off. After wearing it almost every day for years I think I've had enough lol!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC