Slipping Graco Cargo adjustor??

daycaremom2002

I found out yesterday that I have a problem with one of my Cargos. It is a front adjust seat. I went to pull the chest clip up on one of my kids, and the harness pulled out! I tightened it up, and pulled again on the straps at the shoulders, and it slipped again.

I am calling Graco this morning, but I wondered if anyone had dealt with them over a problem like this. The seat was manufactured in June of 04. So it has 2 1/2 years of life left. (December of 2010.)

Any thoughts?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Whoooooaaa... I had a dream about this last night, though I think it was a comfortsport...:eek:

I know it's not under warranty, but I should *hope* they at least want to hear about it, since enough cases of it would warrant a recall. And I wonder if they'll maybe sell you a new adjuster strap? :confused:

NannyMom

Whoooooaaa... I had a dream about this last night, though I think it was a comfortsport...:eek:

I know it's not under warranty, but I should *hope* they at least want to hear about it, since enough cases of it would warrant a recall. And I wonder if they'll maybe sell you a new adjuster strap? :confused:

If Graco doesn't replace it (or even if they do) shouldn't you contact Consumer Product Safety Comission? I think with enough reports of something they look into it and would contact Graco about a recall.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
For carseats, you would report a problem to NHTSA.gov which is the agency that handles complaints and recalls for carseats and also for vehicles. The Consumer Product Safety Commission handles complaints and recalls for pretty much everything else. NHTSA's page for reporting a problem is at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

daycaremom2002

I called, and she said they had never heard of that happening. Of Course. It is out of warranty, so they won't replace anything, but they will offer me a rebate for any Graco product. I guess it is better than nothing. I can get a $40 rebate on any item over $100 or a $20 rebate on any item over $20.

I will file a report with NHTSA just in case others have had this problem. My other 2 cargos with the front adjustors are working fine. Now, to figure out what seat to use for my 36 pound short 6yo until I can afford a Nautilus.

NannyMom

If you want another Cargo, I've seen them on clearance at Target. All the clearance seats I'vebeen able to find there are FF only (I *think* only Cargo and 3 in 1s). No sign ofmy MA :(

daycaremom2002

Thanks for the tip. I am going to hold off until next month when I can afford to get a Nautilus. I need to start replacing my seats anyhow, so I will just start with that one. I have another (Ultra) CarGo that is expiring in December that will be next on the list. I will just have to put my 48 pound 6.5 yo in a booster for the next month:eek:. She rides in a booster in her parents cars already, and does pretty good, so I think she will be ok for the 2 time a week we drive anywhere.

I posted a complaint with NHTSA. I am not very impressed with how they catagorize their seats. There was about 7 choices for different Cargos and all of they are listed as boosters. You can go through 5 different complaint searches and come up with different Cargos in each one. Not very user friendly to find complaints on matching seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC