SK Monterey - please check belt geometry!

Raegansmom4

I'm still fairly new to having a boostered kid, so I'm not sure if this is okay or not. We just got rid of our van and got a 2001 PT Cruiser. The seatbelt geometry is putting the seatbelt at a weird angle for the SK Monterey - it is like the belt has to make a 45 degree corner going through the belt guide. This also makes the belt bunch up a bit in the belt guide. In our van, the seat belt came from behind a bit and went smoothly through the belt guide; now, it's like the belt guide is parallel to where the seat belt attaches to the frame of the vehicle. I have pics, but for some reason, it's not letting me attach the pics, even though I resized them down to about 225 kb? Does this matter so much for a booster as long as it holds the belt in the appropriate position? If this is not acceptable, any ideas of a booster that would work better? Thanks!!

ADS

Pixels

Try uploading your pictures to something like Photobucket, Dropbox, or Picasa. Or go into your User CP and delete some of your old attachments, as there is a max of how many you can have at once.

Does the seat belt retract smoothly? If I'm understanding you correctly, it's fine as long as the belt doesn't get hung up and leave slack.

luckyclov

Does the seat belt retract smoothly? If I'm understanding you correctly, it's fine as long as the belt doesn't get hung up and leave slack.
Yeah, that.

Booster (shoulder) belt guides are there to guide the shoulder belt down and into proper position on/across the child. Sometimes that means it may look awkward and sometimes it means it may bunch a little, or whatever, but, generally speaking, as long as the "quirk" isn't compromising the belt's ability to retract properly (smoothly and swiftly), it's fine.:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC