Signature Content and Size Restrictions

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
1) Please keep your signatures within the size guidelines. Please limit any images and tickers in your signature to a reasonable size, especially if you use multiple images, text and/or tickers. Please limit the combined height of all your photos, tickers and images to 240 pixels tall as an absolute maximum. The combined width should be no more than 640 pixels wide. The combined file size should be no more than 100kb. Please also see http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=38147 for details and examples.

2) Only Home Business and Car-Seat.Org sponsors may include a simple text link to a commercial website. For home business sponsors, this would include your own personal business webpage or network affiliate webpage (Such as Mary Kay, Avon, etc). Amazon affiliate links and links to Amazon affiliate websites are prohibited, sorry! For links to any other types of commercial websites, including corporations, partnerships or revenue-generating webpages of any kind, a standard sponsor subscription would be required. Car-Seat.Org full sponsors may also include a small, 234x60 logo for their company. Sponsors may also use animated signatures, provided they meet size restrictions and do not cause undue page loading issues.

All members may usually post images and a link to a non-commercial, personal website, personal blog or photo album if there is no obvious intent to sell products, services or generate revenue with any type of advertisements, affiliate arrangements or promotions. Most personal or parenting related tickers are also welcome. You may also generally link to a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization involved in child safety, subject to moderator discretion. We generally do not allow any signature links to websites that are Amazon.com and certain other retailer affiliates, sorry.

3) Also, please do not use your signatures for promoting opinions outside of child passenger safety issues. Signatures are included in all posts in all forums and are seen by both members and guests. In particular, they should not include your views on controversial topics, such as politics, religion or even hot parenting topics like vaccinations, circumcision, breast feeding or any other non-CPS issues that tend to generate a lot of heated disagreements. If you have opinions on these types of topics, please keep them in the Senior Community Member forum where they belong. If you feel it necessary to proclaim your personal religion or political persuasion, your user profile is the appropriate place to do so (within reason).

4) Please do not abuse signatures for the purpose of attacking other users in any way, however subtle.

5) Please make sure your signature comments and photos are appropriate for a general audience of all ages. While the moderators do not police signatures for proper use, please consider that any misuse in your signature photos is likely to generate private messages from other members who would like to see correct usage in photos other than those used for examples of incorrect restraint use.

6) Subject to moderator discretion, members with full Swap access may include a single link in normal text within their signature (subject to all other guidelines) to one of their active posts in Carseat Swap or Swap-O-Rama.

Thank you!

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Re: Signature Content

Bump. There seem to be a lot of signatures creeping past the guidelines. In fairness to all the members who stay within the size limits, please make sure yours does also! Thank you!

MomToEliEm

To help people see if their signature might be too large, I made up a 240x640 pixel size box, which is the requested limit for signatures here on this board.

signature.jpg

If your entire signature, including pictures, tickers, and all lines of text and blank lines, is larger than this box (both in height and width), please reduce your signature size.

Last edited:

MomToEliEm

Bumping this up so that this thread doesn't fall off the announcements main page, as this forum only keeps threads visible if they have activity in the past 2 months.

I am seeing a few signatures that are a little too large, so if you currently have a signature, please verify that it isn't too big.

MomToEliEm

Bumping this up as I am noticing a few signatures are getting a little too big.

If you have a signature, please verify that it isn't too tall or too wide. Use the box graphic posted earlier to see the maximum recommended size for the signature. If yours is too large, please make your signature smaller.

mish

If it is just text can it be wider? As long as it isn't taller? I see a lot of people with text that goes all the way across the post. As it is just text and not really tall it doesn't bug me. I have often wondered about it though.

ETA: This is what I'm talking about http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=1939667&postcount=2

I'm not trying to tattle on this poster, it is just an example of what I mean. I think my signature is probably much more annoying than hers and certainly takes up less space.

mish

Bumping this up as I am noticing a few signatures are getting a little too big.

If you have a signature, please verify that it isn't too tall or too wide. Use the box graphic posted earlier to see the maximum recommended size for the signature. If yours is too large, please make your signature smaller.

Also, again, not picking on anyone, but your signature is actually wider than the box I think. If you put the part in the middle over on the side, or all of it in the middle it wouldn't be. I don't think it's too big, but I guess I'm not entirely clear on what the rules are.

And please don't ban me for picking on a mod or being a trouble maker because I promise I'm not trying to be ;)

Edit again: Perhaps it is different based on the size of screen? If I make my screen different sizes yours does fit all the way in the box. When it is normal and taking up my entire screen it doesn't.

Here is what it looks like on my screen:
sigexample.png

Pixels

If it is just text can it be wider? As long as it isn't taller? I see a lot of people with text that goes all the way across the post. As it is just text and not really tall it doesn't bug me. I have often wondered about it though.

ETA: This is what I'm talking about http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=1939667&postcount=2

I'm not trying to tattle on this poster, it is just an example of what I mean. I think my signature is probably much more annoying than hers and certainly takes up less space.

Also, again, not picking on anyone, but your signature is actually wider than the box I think. If you put the part in the middle over on the side, or all of it in the middle it wouldn't be. I don't think it's too big, but I guess I'm not entirely clear on what the rules are.

And please don't ban me for picking on a mod or being a trouble maker because I promise I'm not trying to be ;)

Edit again: Perhaps it is different based on the size of screen? If I make my screen different sizes yours does fit all the way in the box. When it is normal and taking up my entire screen it doesn't.

Here is what it looks like on my screen:

That's due to the wrapping (or lack thereof) of the text. If you resize the window, the text will wrap and form more than one line.

ETA: I crossposted with your edit.

mish

I get why. But that still doesn't make everything fit in the box on everyone's screen. MomtoEliEm made the box and it's awesome and works as a good tool. But it doesn't work for everyone. So it appears that some people have signatures that are too big, including her. I'm not saying this is bad or that it needs to be fixed really, just pointing it out. I can't be the only person whose monitor makes signatures look bigger than they are supposed to be. The only way some signatures will fit inside that box for me is if my window is much smaller than my monitor.

To get Keeanh's signature to fit in the box (wrap correctly), I have to make my window really small:
sig2.png

And Keeanh, please don't think I'm picking on you. In my opinion, your signature is fine. I think text only sig's should be able to be as wide as people want them to be.

MomToEliEm

Very good question about the screen width. It really has to do with centering and wrapping. Reduce your window size so that a single post fits about the same area as the size box. That will show how the text will wrap typically. If your signature fits nicely within the box with the window at this smaller size, then it is the correct size.

With my signature, if the window size is very large, the centered text automatically centers to the screen which may appear larger than the box. Once I reduce my window size though, the centered text is move toward the left and fits nicely within the box.

As long as someone has centered text that wraps correctly or a long line of text which will wrap when the window is reduced in size, then I am not worried about them making any changes.

Sometimes people may put pictures side by side. It may seem like it fits height wise when it is viewed on one screen, but if the window is reduced to a smaller size, the pictures may scroll down to the below lines. With the pictures stacked on top of each other, they might exceed the height limit.

MomToEliEm

So basically if it is just text it's ok? I'm sorry for being a pain. And I am pretty much all the time

Yep, text it usually is fine as it will wrap to the next line as needed.

The only issue someone may have is if they have a great deal of text that takes up a lot of lines (maybe 10+ lines) when the screen size is reduced. In those situations, it may be too much text and we would ask that they reduce the signature.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
There isn't a limit on plain text generally, as it should wrap around. There may be some rare cases where something prevents it from being in the overall limits, of course. For banners, the limit is 640 pixels wide combined for all images and tickers and such, otherwise they can hang over the edge of the column and mess up the layout for those using tablets, netbooks and smaller screens.

MomToEliEm

Bumping this up as it is no longer visible in the announcements forum (only threads active in the past 3 months are visible there).

If you have a signature, please verify that it is within the size limits.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC