Showing off my health fair table (pic heavy)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I got invited to participate in a health fair this weekend at a local baby store, where I'll later be doing a class and some seat checks. After agreeing, I got scheduled to work at my part-time job -- ack! Thankfully the gal in charge of the health fair kindly agreed to let me participate in absentia, so I dropped some displays by this morning. The event kind of snuck up on me, so it took a couple of late nights, but I was really proud of how things turned out and wanted to share. (Especially since I won't be at the event to get feedback!)

Kids' faces and specific details have been blurred for privacy reasons. If you're in the area and are interested in attending, PM me and I'll get you info. :)

The overall layout, on my living room floor:

01-layout.jpg

The first storyboard:

02-Board2.jpg

Advert for seat checks I'll be doing at the store:
(The purple clipboard has a signup sheet for the class)

04-privatechecks.jpg

I set up a "misuse" display - can you find them all? :)

05-seat.jpg

Participants who try to guess all of the misuses can enter to win a seat check:

06-entry.jpg

Who doesn't like candy?!

07-candy.jpg

My nanny child kindly agreed to pose for a series of misuse photos, and I have permission to use these at the fair. However I didn't think to get permission to post them on c-s.o, so you get the blurry version of her cuteness!

08-misuses1.jpg

Close-ups of the sections --

09-misuses4.jpg

10-misuses2.jpg
11-misuses3.jpg

12-misuses5.jpg
13-misuses6.jpg

14-misuses7.jpg
15-misuses8.jpg

Ideas for the various displays were gleaned from all over the board, I take no credit for any of them. I wish I could remember where all of the pieces come from to thank people individually!

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Awesome!

Misuse in the one photo:

~ Toy on handle
~ Handle up
~ Chest clip too low
~ Kid too big for seat
~ Winter Coat
~ Harness above shoulders ??? This is hard to tell from the photo
~ Aftermarket harness covers ???? This is hard to tell from the photo
~ Harness too loose ??? This is hard to tell from the photo

soygurl

What a great display! :thumbsup:

Now, I wanna play! My guess for the misuse seat:

1. Toy on handle
2. Chest clip too low
3. Straps too loose
4. Aftermarket strap covers (or possibly from a different seat? they kinda look like MR or GN covers to me...)
5. Aftermarket seat cover (???)
6. Seat outgrown (??? can't tell for sure due to the angle)
7. Seat expired (aren't the blue shells all expired now?)

henrietta

Awesome Job! I'm so impressed! And you just helped me out while I finish mine up for Saturday's presentation that I have to do! ;)

henrietta

momtotwogirls

Looks good. I noticed though on the misuses the top tether. I get the point that it should be tight but it should be straight too. You should take all the twists out too.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Looks good. I noticed though on the misuses the top tether. I get the point that it should be tight but it should be straight too. You should take all the twists out too.

Good catch! I was throwing things in and out in a hurry and was just trying to capture the unattached vs. attached. I don't have any way to change it before this fair (since, uh, the stuff is already there lol) but I will absolutely reshoot it and change it on the poster! Thank you!!

Misuse in the one photo:

~ Toy on handle
~ Handle up[/COLOR]
~ Chest clip too low
~ Kid too big for seat

~ Winter Coat
~ Harness above shoulders ??? This is hard to tell from the photo
~ Aftermarket harness covers ???? This is hard to tell from the photo
~ Harness too loose ??? This is hard to tell from the photo

Now, I wanna play! My guess for the misuse seat:

1. Toy on handle
2. Chest clip too low
3. Straps too loose
4. Aftermarket strap covers (or possibly from a different seat? they kinda look like MR or GN covers to me...)

5. Aftermarket seat cover (???)
6. Seat outgrown (??? can't tell for sure due to the angle)
7. Seat expired (aren't the blue shells all expired now?)

Patriot got 5 and Soygurl got 6 :) Not too bad, considering I think a couple are nearly impossible to tell from the photos! The seven are:

1. Straps too loose
2. Chest clip low
3. Aftermarket strap covers -- they are HUGELY bulky, actually one of those deadly seat belt adjuster things with the strap removed!
4. Seat is outgrown, albeit not by much. Her head is maybe .5" above the top of the shell
5. The seat is expired -- it was manufactured in 2003.
6. Toy on handle
7. Recline angle is wrong (um, when sitting in the base, as it is for the fair... or when propped up on the chair lol.)

I believe handle up is okay on the Snugrides (unless it's not okay on the older ones -- this is 2003 with a 20lb limit -- in which case there are actually 8 misuses :whistle:) That's the cover that came with the seat. She doesn't have a coat on, she's just a puffy/bulky doll, lol. The top harness slot is right near her shoulders, I actually was trying to figure that out myself and had to stick my fingers in it to know, but it's not too high.

Thanks for the compliments, I was in sad need of some affirmation after I got it done! Anyone is welcome to use any of the items for their own fairs/displays.

StillThankful

Thanks for the compliments, I was in sad need of some affirmation after I got it done! Anyone is welcome to use any of the items for their own fairs/displays.

Great job! It looks very time-consuming! Now all we need to do is videotape you giving a presentation with all your props and saturate the airways with it:p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC