Shipping a Britax seat?

theconstantreader

Someone has purchased my Britax Cowmooflage seat and I need to ship it UPS. The lady is going to pay with paypal. If I get a confirmation number for her is that all I need to do to ensure that we are both protected?

ADS

Syllieann

If UPS delivers it to the wrong address and marks it "delivered" then you are liable for the loss and Paypal will refund her money if she opens a case. Even if she gets it she could say she didn't and they would still side with her. You need to insure it to cover yourself. She is protected by Paypal as the buyer.

theconstantreader

If UPS delivers it to the wrong address and marks it "delivered" then you are liable for the loss and Paypal will refund her money if she opens a case. Even if she gets it she could say she didn't and they would still side with her. You need to insure it to cover yourself. She is protected by Paypal as the buyer.

Okay, thanks so much, I'll do that. :)

Mags462

YES - insure it for the replacement value and frankly if you must go to UPS i would take the seat to the store and let THEM package it themselves (so a UPS store location that packages) because then they are not going to argue if/when the seat is damaged. If you don't have the original box and UPS damages it, just know they will probably not give you any money due to "improper packaging".... thats their game. So either ship it in the Britax box exactly as you bought it or let them package it.

To my knowledge all UPS packages are "tracked" (eg have delivery tracking and confirmation whereas with USPS this is an additional charge) so once you get your receipt it will have your tracking # on it - enter that in to paypal to prove you shipped it and keep that receipt until the seat arrives to her unharmed. :)

glockchick

You could have just asked me. I think I have the original box. USPS parcel will be cheapest. Get insurance and delivery confirmation.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC