Settle a debate for me

SavsMom

Thanks -
We didn't get it.
The online bidding for this particular one went quickly. He was waiting to see where the bidding slowed and then BAM it was closed out and sold - in 33 seconds (yes, that quickly). My dad had literally just clicked to bid - it went for $800 under our budget :(
Oh well, we have time and unlimited opportunity in the auction world.

ADS

YinzerMama

I love my Prius but honestly with 2 kids I want something with more space.
QUOTE]

Changing the subject slightly, are you finding that the Prius just isn't big enough for your family -- is that in terms of backseat space or cargo space? We have 2 kids and had put the Prius on our "short list" as a replacement for our aging Honda Civic. I was surprised at how seemingly roomy it was -- but I would be interested in your first-hand experience.

We have a prius and imo the limiting factor with kids is a stroller seems to fill the trunk and leave room for little else. Depending on how old your kids are and how the civic compares size wise, it may be fine for you. We went from 1 kid to 3 so I never did the prius as a family of 4 regular use car, but I take it out with 2 kids in it quite often and it works. The mpgs are truly awesome... the mpg on my ody makes me cry.

Def. agree the mazda5 over a sedan in this situation - to the OP keep looking, hope a good one turns up!

SavsMom

Just to update -

We turned in our 2011 Jeep Wrangler and purchased a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - due to rebates, employee pricing and lease equity our payment only went up $10 month. This will be our family car.

I just purchased a 2006 Mazda5 with 54k at the auction for next to nothing and it is in pristine condition. It will be perfect for my short 2 mile work commute and for running around - better yet -no car payment on this one so we can focus on paying off some cc debt.

Cool!

Just saw this thread. Glad you didn't get the Chrysler 200. IMO, that car is crap. Mazda5 is a way better vehicle, let alone just being more practical.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee is awesome. You basically bought yourself a new Mercedes ML350.

SavsMom

Cool!

Just saw this thread. Glad you didn't get the Chrysler 200. IMO, that car is crap. Mazda5 is a way better vehicle, let alone just being more practical.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee is awesome. You basically bought yourself a new Mercedes ML350.

It just makes sense - the Grand Cherokee is beautiful and works well as a family car for road trips, etc. The Mazda5 will be perfect for dropping off the kids, running errands, and my 2 mile "commute" to work - the more I thought about it the less I wanted another new car and the payment that comes along with it :)

SavsMom

The transport company should be here with my 5 today- is it sad how excited I am over getting a new to me 7 year old car, lol!

Brianna

Its here - very clean, cold air, smooth engine BUT it needs struts :(

That doesn't sound too bad if you really got a great deal. Is it still driveable? I've been driving on shot struts for a few months and nothing bad has happened yet. I've had other repairs come up since then that have been more important.

SavsMom

That doesn't sound too bad if you really got a great deal. Is it still driveable? I've been driving on shot struts for a few months and nothing bad has happened yet. I've had other repairs come up since then that have been more important.

Its not a huge deal - its driveable for sure - just annoying. Lol!

It is seriously clean - it has less cosmetic wear inside than my 2010. Exterior is good - needs a good wax on it and a few very small paint chips touched up.

It hasn't been driven much at all since March so my dad is putting some Lucas in it.

Brianna

Its not a huge deal - its driveable for sure - just annoying. Lol!

It is seriously clean - it has less cosmetic wear inside than my 2010. Exterior is good - needs a good wax on it and a few very small paint chips touched up.

It hasn't been driven much at all since March so my dad is putting some Lucas in it.

I hear you on it being annoying! Good to know that the rest of it is in good shape :D

SavsMom

That's good. 54,000 seems like a super low mileage example if it's a 2006. That's an awesome find!

Yep it has 54,600 on it - nice low mileage. We are thinking its the front left strut or sway bar - or something that got knocked loose when strapped to the transport truck on its way here. I also need tires but that's easy.

katymyers

I like the red! I love, love, love my Mazda5, I'm sure you'll love yours too. The dealership replaced our struts and put in a new clutch when we bought ours and we had to buy new tires right away too, so I think that's typical for those cars.

lovinwaves

Congrats on the "new" car and all the new room!

Something that wasn't mentioned on your thread was your interest rate between the two cars, as well as lease term. You mentioned payments but that can very greatly depending on how it was figured up (which I know you know all about) so that was going to sway my opinion a bit perhaps. But I wouldn't get a Chrysler either, glad you got the Mazda!

SavsMom

Congrats on the "new" car and all the new room!

Something that wasn't mentioned on your thread was your interest rate between the two cars, as well as lease term. You mentioned payments but that can very greatly depending on how it was figured up (which I know you know all about) so that was going to sway my opinion a bit perhaps. But I wouldn't get a Chrysler either, glad you got the Mazda!

We ended up getting an older 5 - paid cash - so no loan and no debt. I just didn't want a car payment right now. I figure when I commute all of a couple if miles and with child-care for dd and the new baby - we will make this work for a few years and then get something new.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC