Seriously?? Outgrowing Turbo

brooklynsmommy

This time last year DD was happily riding RF by choice in her XTSL to and from kindergarten. Now, just a year later, the kid is on the last freaking click of a Turbo! How on earth does this happen? This is the first time she's ridden in one. Her main boosters are an Oobr and Monterey with a Vivo as a back up. Are they really this short or does my child have some freakishly long torso at 6 (almost) 7?

ADS

lovemybabybug

I don't know, but I also feel like my kid grew overnight. She went from 12-18 m clothing last winter to 3T this fall, and after not riding in her my ride since april, she is now in the third slots instead of the first. I have no idea how the heck that happened!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
you know, I think it's jusrt basic math and nothing too worrisome. So many of the big seats have 18ish top slots nowadays. And while the turbo is around 20, which seems like it should be *two more inches* its really not, because of the way you measure in a harness versus a booster. I knowto get the proper fit on my kids, the belt guide generally ends up being about an inch higher than the kids shoulder, not right level with it, so really, if you go from maxxing out an 18 inch top slot seat, into a turbo which is probably set already at around 19 inches high, you only have ONE measly inch left before the highback of a turbo is outgrown.

brooklynsmommy

We just got it as an extra seat because my boss's daughter (we live with the mom of my boss) is constantly being put on the floor at 4 years old :(. Brooklyn wanted to ride in it though. I'm really surprised by the lack of head wings.

Kat_Momof3

she has a long torso for sure (you can see that in the pic of her in your siggy using the oobr), but not freaky...

what do you mean her daughter is constantly being put on the floor?

tiggercat

Megan moved to the last click on the Turbo at 6 as well. At 7 she still fits with a bit of room to grow.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Phineasmama

I was also quite surprised at how short it was. My DD is only 5.5 and she's like 50th percentile for height but she doesn't have much room in it! I ended up selling ours on CL anyways because I "needed" latchable boosters haha.

scariestone

what do you mean her daughter is constantly being put on the floor?

I believe she means in the car. I tried DS in a TB a couple months ago and he had a couple clicks heightwise but his butt was too wide to fit. :eek: He wasn't even 5 at that point. I realize I have a large kid but he's not ginormous. We ended up with a pronto for MIL's car and a monterey for mine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC