Seatcure, what????

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Maybe they bought their own Twinkies as a publicity stunt.

I think it's funny that the guy has enough know-how to pull from inside the belt path, yet somehow manages to go around (Instead of behind) the neighboring seatbelt.

embassykh

People are trying to sell Twinkies all over ebay for exorbitant amounts of money. They are collector's items after all ;)

Andie

Dude, I've heard all kinds of things from techs. All techs are not created equal. I've heard that one year olds HAVE to forward-face, that Britax is the best, that you have to use a locking clip or the belt isn't locked, and that mom should go out and buy "one of those pads that goes under to protect the vehicle seat." From certified folk. Yeah.

True. I just would hope someone coming in with an product they made at home would be told to remove it.

mum2two

What I find curious is all the comments posted, they are all very similar, sounds like the same person making up names to comment, all comments say somethig about keeping grandkids and making it easy for grandparents to install seats....please tell me there is no connection to "Grandma Knows"....

The guy may have been hampered by his constricting jeans and tshirt, dude if you're going to be videotaped installing a seat wear something comfortable, and I don't buy that he was having that much trouble.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The thing is, Evenflo's SureLatch is really fabulous - every seat I have seen installed with Sure Latch has been installed super tight and the parent is able to re-do it in less than a minute. The first time I saw a family using it, I was impressed - and I remain impressed - people "get" the concept of it and it works.

However - I don't know how this seatcure thing could be anything like surelatch given that Evenflo has patented it?

The secondary problem is that it's not addressing seatbelt installs which are generally more time consuming than a LATCH install is to begin with.

Will be interesting to see what comes of it, but I'm with Angie - it seems kind of a bit scammish when you factor in the ebay auction for an $8K box of twinkies. Yikes.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
That is why I an straying positive on their page. This may be good. About surelatch, it hates my car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC