Seat shopping and would love to know your top picks

Ladybugmama

I was glad I went with my daughter and parents today because I found out her seat in their car is due to be replaced this fall. So I get to go seat shopping!! I'm excited. DD rides FF in a Complete Air in my car now but that will most likely move into their car and I want to get her something with a high 5point limit. My first thought was the Radian XLST, played with a RF radian 80 in a friends car and loved it. But I'm open to other suggestions. I have a 00 Volvo s40, so no latch and she rides in the middle at 30lbs and 38 inches tall if that helps.

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
How old is she?

For a 30# 5yo, my top pick would be a Nautilus or Frontier -- no point in buying a convertible if you aren't going to take advantage of rear-facing capability.

For a 30# 18mo, my top pick would be a rear-facing *anything*.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
If you are not rf, I wouldn't waste money on a rf seat. I would get a ff only seat (meastro, nautilus, frontier85).

Stefanie, cpst in iowa - mom to 4 great kids

luckyclov

The Frontier 85 has a 9 year lifespan (from date of manufacture). So, figuring it's not rated for use until 2 years old, has the highest harness top slots on the current market, has an 85-lb harness weight limit, and converts to a highback booster (which happens to also be, I think, the tallest highback booster on the current market), it should very well be the last child seat you need.:)

Ladybugmama

WOW! Thanks! The expiration was what had me flip flopping for the most part. If it was 6 then I figured I could use the Radian with a future kiddo and move her to a booster or something else. But 9 is awesome and I think she will get the full use of it!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC