Seat belt replacement

dmpmercury

I want to kill my dog right now. We have a 2004 Jetta Wagon that was in great condition. I love this car so much. The other day dh took the dog for a walk to my friend's house and left him in the trunk for a bit. He has been in the car and the trunk of the station wagon lots of times before and we never had any problems. This time she tore up the headrest, part of the seat and I just noticed the seat belt behind the driver's side. I'm so mad and upset right now. I know the head rests are pretty expensive and I don't know if you can fix torn up leather seat but now the damn seat belt which we will need really soon to do 3 across is torn up too. :crying:

Has anyone had to replace seat belts before? Is it expensive? Do you think a torn up seat can be fixed. Anyone want a lab mix black dog?

ADS

urchin_grey

I have no idea about the belt replacement on a Volvo, specifically, but I'm going to have to replace one of them in my Caravan (we're using LATCH in that position for now) and the dealership told me it would be about $200. It was about that for the one we were going to replace in our Talon too but the darn thing broke down before we ever got around to it. :whistle:

TXAggieTech

Replacing seat belts is pretty simple. We've done tons unfortunately. Find out how much is for the belt and how much is for the labor. You don't have to be very handy at all to do it your self. Rear seats are easier than from seats.

Your head rests are not too bad if you order them from VW but you may be able to take them to a upholstery shop and get them repaired. When we sold our Passat we found someone that traded us their intact headrests for ours that had holes cut in the back from screens. They were putting in larger screens. There are boards dedicated to VWs just like this one and they swap stuff around all the time.

The leather on the seat is like a car seat cover. It is easy to take off and replace, but the actual cover is expensive usually. It will depend on how large of a piece it is, all of the back seat would be over $200. If you watch ebay you will find covers and sets that have come off wrecked cars, or you can check junk yards for just the skins that you need. Did he get into the foam or just the leather?

dmpmercury

The head rest is not fixable. It is in bad shape but the seat could possibly fixed by someone who does that. The seat itself is just torn on one of the seats. She did get into the foam a little bit from the seat. We looked closer and she actually got two seatblets. Ugh. My dd's seat is installed with latch luckily or I would of been driving around with her unbuckled. Yikes. I should check junkyards for the headrest and maybe the seat cover.

TXAggieTech

Yes, check junk yards for the head rest and seat skins. But not the seat belts, crashed seat belts are a no-no just like crashed car seats. Good luck!

Oh, when you order seat belts some places you order by location. So if you are 3rd row center you may have to buy the piece for the outboard belt also.

ProudMommysince09

Oh geez Im sorry for you:eek:! To make you feel better heres my dogs trophy list (and thats only the car:(), she ate through my seatbelt (the driver) I was scared to get a ticket on the way to the dealership ($250, 100 for the part, 150 for labor). Then she ate through the back passenger seatbelt, still unfixed since no one ever rides there. So I got a pet gate because sometimes I just have to transport her. Well I left her in the trunk of my SUV with the gate installed, she ate through the wiring harness in the back (she got it out of the plastic console of the trunk door). I did still have rearbrake lights, but the windshield wiper and the top brake light were not functional. (another $250 right there) So yea definitely do another thorough check to make sure you didnt miss anything else she might have snacked on a bit. Hope you can get it all fixed!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC