Seat belt issue.

careynj

My 10 year old niece somehow twisted the male end of her seat belt on day when I was in their van, so I flipped it back to straight. But I didn't check first and now it's backwards. She's not currently using that seating position, but I'd like for it to be available. Is there any trick to getting that to switch back? I've tried quite a few times and no luck. The van bench is actually currently in my hallway, so I'd like to get it fixed up so it can go back in their van! :)

ADS

tam_shops

If I'm understanding you right, I've always folded over one side/section a tiny bit and then continued to pull it through the fold until it flips all the way back. It takes some time and a lot of patience, but not much skill...

Maybe someone else has a faster way?

Best of luck!

tam

careynj

That makes more sense than what I was doing. I was trying to fold it inside the buckle, if that makes sense. Will try that. Hope it works :) thanks!

Brianna

:yeahthat: and my advice is to start at the very bottom of the seat belt. If you pull it out too far and lock it while the buckle is still being flipped, you might end up going to the mechanic.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

Keeanh

If it's a locking latchplate, start at the bottom & pull up. If it's a regular latchplate, you can lock the belt so you have something to pull against and pull down. Make sure you fold the seatbelt nicely and get it started cleanly. Look at the 2nd post in this thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=161343

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I always start from the top. I pull the seat belt all the way out, latch plate at the top, fold webbing and pull down.

Brianna

Hmm. I keep forgetting not all seat belts were as hard as mine to flip. I had to go up and could only start flipping it pretty far up the belt.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

Kat_Momof3

yeah that to what they're telling you... and it'll be easy since it's a locking retractor... just fold and slide :D

careynj

I tried it last night and no luck yet. Going to work on it a bit today. Maybe I should get the kid over to do it :rolleyes:

Keeanh

I always start from the top. I pull the seat belt all the way out, latch plate at the top, fold webbing and pull down.

If you're dealing with a locking latchplate, try starting at the bottom. It makes a difference, at least with my van.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC