Scenera in airplane and European car

MonicaR

I have a few questions about flying with a car seat.....

We have a Recaro ProRide and a Diono RXT. But I'm thinking of getting the Scenera as a travel seat since it's lighter. I may have to fly by myself with my daughter on a domestic flight in the near future, so I figure I need the lightest seat possible to trek through the airport and down the aisle of the plane. How easy is it to install this seat in a plane rear facing? I will probably have to wrangle my now 16 month old daughter while I'm doing it. She's a bit clingy so I'm not sure how much help I can get with her. I know a lot of people like this seat so I guess I'm really just looking for reassurance that I will be able to install it relatively easily by myself.

We also are thinking of flying to France later in the year and renting a car. I'm hoping we can use the Scenera there as well. We will probably try to stick to a US carrier so we don't run into issues bringing the seat on a European airline. But when we get to France (or Germany possibly) I'm wondering A) if the car rental place will care that we have a US car seat (assuming they even notice and B) how easy it will be to install rear facing. I'll get a 4 door car, hopefully a relatively large one, but we will have to use the seat belt installation. Am I right in thinking that European seat belts don't lock? Can I just buy a locking clip here and bring it with?

Ninetales

I don't think it would be terribly difficult to install. I'd practice installing beforehand, with a lapbelt if possible.

I don't know if you'll need a noodle for the plane or car. I never used it on a plane but in cars I never needed a noodle myself.

It's pretty common for European cars to have non-locking belts, so get familiar with using a locking clip. I doubt the car rental place would notice or care about what carseat you use.

Hopefully the traveling members will be along soon to chime in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amanda4uni

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Maxi Cosi is a proud sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2020 Carseat Media LLC