Question Safety 1st Boost Air Deals

Athena

What's a good price? I can't imagine spending $70 (full price) on something that doesn't latch, but that's the price at amazon where seats are normally good deals, so do these go on sale and what's a good price?

ADS

Athena

Thank you! I really appreciate you finding that, but I think for the $7 savings I'll get one that's easier to return (just in case). I guess I'm wondering what's a good price and if these ever go below $60. I guess I'm spoiled because I'm used to getting better deals, like 25-40% off and this seems like a lot for a seat that doesn't latch.

I searched amazon again and found a couple listed for just under $60 that appear to be the seat, except that the photo shows only the backless portion. Is there a backless only version? Even the text mentions the head support, so it's got to be the HBB, right?
Amazon.com : Safety 1st Safety Boost Air Protect Booster Car Seat, Inkwell : Child Safety Booster Car Seats : Baby

Amazon.com : Safety 1st Boost Air Protect Car Seat, Julianne : Forward Facing Child Safety Car Seats : Baby

Although for just $10 more for a pattern ... anyone know what these fabrics feel like? Anything scratchy at all won't work for this kid. Even the Britax livia she complained about. How padded is it? I'm still trying to decide if it's the way to go. (see thread "which booster?" ;))

P.S. After all this, I realized the seat may not be deep enough for her. :(

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ah, yeah, definitely worth it to pay for convenience.
I paid $60 when I bought mine 4 years ago (price plus shipping was the best I could get, at Kmart).
The seat is very deep, although I'm not sure my picture and description exactly get that across, now that I look back on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/104971...hkey=Gv1sRgCJ-XweDvxcD-VA#5604773682037806770
It's they typical Dorel mesh, pretty soft, I wouldn't say scratchy, at least my picky kid didn't complain.
Really hard to tell what you'd get from Amazon given that backless picture, the description is really the highback version, and the picture is backless...wth?

Athena

How does it compare to the PW for depth? I saw in the measurements section that it was only 1/2" deeper (13.5" vs. 14" and I just got 14" for our PW), so that was why I concluded that. I think 15" would be perfect for her.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
But it's more contoured than the PW, which is kind of tall in the back and allows more of a dangly leg feel, this has that anti-submarine, lower in the back kind of shape that is way more comfy (not quite as nice as the new Chicco, but kind of the same feeling).

Athena

But it's more contoured than the PW, which is kind of tall in the back and allows more of a dangly leg feel, this has that anti-submarine, lower in the back kind of shape that is way more comfy (not quite as nice as the new Chicco, but kind of the same feeling).

Okay, thanks for explaining! Speaking of it, I wish the new Chicco went taller. Or even that it was likely to work as a backless for her. Hmm. So if some of these are shorter in the rear, then I wonder if any might work better for her as a backless because the problem with the PW backless is that it puts her too high, making the shoulder belt too far out on the shoulder. I wish I had them all together to try and just know what's the best way to go. So much to consider! Thanks for all your help!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC