Safe Rider Travel Vest

Lucy_R

I am traveling to Slovakia in July with my dds. I have decided to go with the Safe Rider Travel Vest for my oldest, she will be a month shy of 5. I am in Canada however, and I am wondering who sells them, and whether or not I can get it shipped here. If not, my husband does have a friend who has a US address that we can ship to, but I would prefer to use that as a last resort. Thanks!

ADS

mommaon112903

I am not certain, but wanted to say I am jealous! DH's family is from both the now Chezch republic and the now Slovakia, I would :love: to visit one day.

Here is their website, hopefully it will help.

Lucy_R

Awesome, thank you.

Yeah, I was actually born there, and haven't been back in about 8 years. I want my kids to get a chance to meet my grandparents now that they are getting up there in age, so I figured this summer was the time to go:love:

Lucy_R

I'm also wondering about what types of seatbelt situations I can use this in? I'm sure that I've read that you need a top tether anchor in some situations, but I'm fairly certain we won't have any in the vehicles we'll be using.

InternationalMama

You need to have either a top tether or a lap-shoulder belt. Many European cars don't have top tethers so if you can't be sure you'll be in cars new enough to have lap-shoulder belts this might not be the right choice for you.

ETA: I don't know if you could find a store that would ship one to where you are staying in Slovakia, but in some countries in Europe they sell the Britax Vario, which used to be known in the US as the Britax Laptop. It could be a good travel alternative for a child your DD's size if the RSTV won't work because it only needs a lap belt. (I can't really explain what it is, but maybe someone else can.)

Lucy_R

Ok, so as long as there is a lap/shoulder belt, it's good to go? My father lives there and will be arranging our transportation, so I can make sure that this is the case. I actually did consider finding a European seat to use once we got there, but I just couldn't justify buying one to use for 3 weeks.

InternationalMama

Yep, if the car has a lap-shoulder belt you're all good. Most people do like to install in the center with the RSTV because it doesn't have a shell, but it's not a requirement to use the seat.

If you post on the Canada forum maybe someone will know how to get one to you in Canada (although people on the forum do tend to avoid assisting in the purchase of seats that aren't legal in the country the poster is from/going to so maybe not).

I think the Vario sells where I live for about 70 Euros, so not as expensive as a full blown seat if you want to look into that. It's a pretty neat seat!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I believe someone previously travelling to Europe from Canada called the company and was able to have them ship one directly to her.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC