RFing seatbelt install of Cocorro

luvsviola

Does the seat belt get in the way on a rear facing install outboard? I really want one for DD2 to make a 3 wide work in DH's 04 Accord. Mostly, I just want one. But the seatbelt position looks really annoying, and he will be unhappy if it is a PITA to get her in. He doesn't share my love of carseats. So has anyone done it outboard with seatbelt and can post pics/tell me if it makes getting kiddo in a PITA?

Right now, we have Onboard 35/Radian FF/Radian RFing. I don't want to buy another Radian if I can avoid it because they never were able to get me one that I felt good about in my Odyssey (the replacement belts they sent were older than the ones on the seat and did not fix the problem).

Any other suggestions? DD is not anywhere near ready to booster, so I'm going to need to buy a third seat.

ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
It can be a bit of a PITA if you do the euro routing but if you don't use the euro routing it's a non-issue. I have done it before and it annoyed me slightly but it was short term so I dealt with it. I don't have any pics on hand and my CCO hasn't come home just yet. I will ask it's current caretaker if she will take pics for you.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I used the Coccoro with European routing for two years and never found it to be a problem. I just plopped DD down over the belt.

But if you do find it inconvenient, then, as mentioned, you don't need to route it that way.

monstah

Yeah, skip the euro routing and it's just like every other seat, only better. ;) Plus you can still RF tether it.

NVMBR02

I used the Coccoro with European routing for two years and never found it to be a problem. I just plopped DD down over the belt.

But if you do find it inconvenient, then, as mentioned, you don't need to route it that way.

This. Even with the seat in the middle with car seats on either side I didn't have an issues getting my baby/toddler in or out. If you do have trouble with it though just install it the other way. :thumbsup:

kam1011

Same here, I always plopped her in over the seatbelt and then buckled underneath the seatbelt. You don't even really notice it after a while!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC