RFing Evenflo Sureride

tweak0605

We're heading on vacation in a few hours. We're flying Southwest, and DD has her own seat. I bought an Evenflo Sureride after a previous thread I posted, about a backup/plane carseat for her. Now I'm freaking out about installing it on the plane and in the rental car when we get to our destination.

Is it an easy seat to install on the flight? Will the seatbelt lock like in a car, or is just pull as tight as I can get it? I've never installed a carseat on a plane period, and I'm not used to the Sureride; our main seats are Radians. My husband asked me this morning how wide it was. Cause he saw the disclaimer on the confirmation email about knowing how wide cause it might not fit. Now I'm freaking out that I'm going to get on the plane, and it's not going to fit. Anyone out there RF a Sureride on Southwest?

Help settle my nerves!! I don't like flying in general anyways!!

ADS

T4K

How old is the child? I started FFing my kiddo on planes when she was around 2 even though she still RFed in the car.

Installing shouldn't be hard, just thread the belt through the appropriate belt path and pull tight. Be sure to show the flight staff the FAA sticker if they ask (I was caught off guard once and couldn't find it!).

It is a highly recommended travel seat here so I don't think you'll have problems with width. It will *probably* be fine rearfacing but will be tight and the person in front of the seat won't be able to recline (you can put hubby there if you want!).

With SW, if you don't have A boarding, you can usually board between A & B. Do you have a plan of how you'll be getting it through the airport?

tweak0605

Thank you for your response!

She's 2 weeks shy of her first birthday, so definitely need to RF.

We're traveling with my parents, so they can help us get through the airport. I plan on wearing DD in the Ergo and dragging one suitcase with me. Then DH can pull the other 2 and any of our carryons.

I think all 3 of us are going to do the family boarding, and find 2 rows of 3 together somewhere in the middle/back. While I'm installing the carseat, DH will stand in the row directly in front of ours, kinda saving it for my parents. I'm sure strangers won't want to be around a baby anyways, but this will kinda ensure they get in front of us, plus gives me the room to install it.

I just needed confirmation that it would fit (more then likely) and what the install is like on a plane. I'm nervous about flying in general, so this is heightening it!

kaharris83

Sureride fits fine in an airplane seat. Flew with ours in April in a smaller plane than SW flies. You'll be fine. I did not rear face though so I'm not sure about that. But I'm guessing it will be fine.

YouAreTheFocus

Sureride fits fine in an airplane seat. Flew with ours in April in a smaller plane than SW flies. You'll be fine. I did not rear face though so I'm not sure about that. But I'm guessing it will be fine.

I'm wondering--did you have an issue with the seat belt buckle hitting DC in the middle of his/her back? We used our SureRide FF on Southwest in August, and my DS was extremely uncomfortable, the buckle was really protruding through the seat cover.

kaharris83

I'm wondering--did you have an issue with the seat belt buckle hitting DC in the middle of his/her back? We used our SureRide FF on Southwest in August, and my DS was extremely uncomfortable, the buckle was really protruding through the seat cover.

My DH was sitting next to him and I just asked him. He said the buckle was sticking out in the back area, but DS1 didn't complain at all. We're using it again in a month on SWA so I can report back again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC