RF'ing CCO in the Odyssey "plus one"

jennzee

We're currently shopping for a 2011+ Odyssey, and as I researched here about how the seats we currently own install in various seating positions, I've read a lot of concerns over installing a CCO rf'ing in the "plus one" seat. It seems that most people either can't get a good install at all, or at least really struggle to get one. We loaded all of our seats into a 2014 yesterday and dh didn't seem to have any trouble at all getting a nice tight fit in that center seat...no side-to-side movement and surprisingly, no tipping at all, even without the tether connected. I was pleased, but am also wondering how we somehow managed to be the exception...that surely we must have done something wrong to get such a good install so easily.

Has anybody else been able to get a good install in that seat without any special effort? Or did he likely mess something up?

ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I just did a quick search and it seems KQ had no problem putting a CCO in the plus one. It's likely your dh did just fine, but this will get bumped now anyway and hopefully someone else will be along too! :)

sunnydayz

Did you have it in "wide mode"? I've found many seats that I couldn't get a good install in normal mode become very easy to get an excellent install when in wide mode.

Not sure about the Cocorro specifically, but the different modes could explain why some are getting good installs and some not.

jennzee

Did you have it in "wide mode"? I've found many seats that I couldn't get a good install in normal mode become very easy to get an excellent install when in wide mode. Not sure about the Cocorro specifically, but the different modes could explain why some are getting good installs and some not.

Not initially. I wanted to see how well it went in without being in wide mode, as well as check if the seat next to it would slide or fold down without being in wide mode.

jennzee

I think it might only work if you don't have the 2nd row in wide mode.

We bumped the seats out to wide after it was installed and it still seemed pretty solid, but we obviously didn't have the seat in there for very long, so maybe with everyday use the install doesn't stay tight in wide mode?

lpperry

I have no problem at all getting a CCO in the center seat in our 2012 Oddy. The seats are in wide mode. It is completely solid--no movement and it has never come lose. I have 5 kids--3 of them are young and are constantly climbing all over the car. Even when they climb over it, it doesn't come loose. It takes no time at all to install--definitely less than a minute. A noodle doesn't work for me, but a rolled towel is awesome.

henrietta

I think some of the confusion is that sometimes the posts about the Cocorro fitting in the "plus one" are for Ody's that are pre-2011. ;) It is a PITA. Possible, but a PITA in our 2009. :)

I don't see why it would be a problem in a 2011 or newer. That middle seat is nearly full size and there's nothing really strange about it or it's seat belt geometry that I've noticed in my friends' newer Ody's. And I think it has latch, doesn't it? I think the Cocorro is easier to get in nice and tight with latch.

I'm betting if your dh has done fine installing it before and he really knows how to install seats in general, he did just fine. :)

henrietta

Did you have it in "wide mode"? I've found many seats that I couldn't get a good install in normal mode become very easy to get an excellent install when in wide mode.

Not sure about the Cocorro specifically, but the different modes could explain why some are getting good installs and some not.

Just for info purposes :), you pretty much can't get any narrower than the Cocorro (it's comparable to the Radian for narrowness) or any tinier overall. It pretty much fits in places that no other seat will, but is occasionally difficult to install tightly.

jennzee

Thanks for the input, everybody! We tried it again yesterday for a test drive and, again, it went in nice and tight, so I'm at ease that all is well it it :)

henrietta

Thanks for the input, everybody! We tried it again yesterday for a test drive and, again, it went in nice and tight, so I'm at ease that all is well it it :)

That's great!!!

Although I will say, I've found putting my dd in the center to be a huge pain in the tush. LOL We did it for the first 6 months in my Volvo wagon, and for a trip in my new to me Ody....left it that way for 2 weeks....moved it around the other day b/c I couldn't stand it any longer! She is now outboard. ;)

cso1997

Plenty of people said that the Odyssey +1 and CCO are incompatible. I tried it and found that to be incorrect in my 2013. It went in fine and was quite stable.

jennzee

That's great!!! Although I will say, I've found putting my dd in the center to be a huge pain in the tush. LOL We did it for the first 6 months in my Volvo wagon, and for a trip in my new to me Ody....left it that way for 2 weeks....moved it around the other day b/c I couldn't stand it any longer! She is now outboard. ;)

Only option I'll have, since we'll be putting 3-across in that second row :). The plus 1 seat will be occupied by either the CCO or the KeyFit, depending on which child I find easier to load there.

henrietta

Only option I'll have, since we'll be putting 3-across in that second row :). The plus 1 seat will be occupied by either the CCO or the KeyFit, depending on which child I find easier to load there.

Ah...*two* rear facers. I totally understand! Done that before, too. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC