RF on a plane. Sureride vs Next

U

Unregistered

Hi all. We are traveling with our 19 month old in a couple weeks and had bought a sureride as our spare/travel seat. I am now worried it won't fit rear facing on the flight and I'll be left changing the harness back and forth and installing it ff for the flight (with no recline for sleep)...she's 26lb and still rf in our fllo.
Should I just go buy a cosco next? Can it rear face on the plane for sure? I'd really rather not have to adjust harness straps or worry about the lack of incline while ff. Thanks for any input!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Scenera Next will rear face without a doubt.

The SureRide will depend on your aircraft and row. I've been able to smush one into seats with a lot of leg room rear facing. Mostly, though, it won't fit rear facing well on planes.

Wendy

mando_w

RF on a plane. Sureride or Next?

Hi all. We are traveling with our 19 month old in a couple weeks and had bought a sureride as our spare/travel seat. I am now worried it won't fit rear facing on the flight and I'll be left changing the harness back and forth and installing it ff for the flight (with no recline for sleep)...she's 26lb and still rf in our fllo.
Should I just go buy a cosco next? Can it rear face on the plane for sure? I'd really rather not have to adjust harness straps or worry about the lack of incline while ff. Thanks for any input!

MelodyoftheForest

I wouldn't count on the SureRide to fit RF either. I used one for travel starting when my LO was 21 months, and I did switch between FF and RF on the plane and in the car. LO did not sleep in it, though, which was a downside for sure!

mando_w

The Scenera Next will rear face without a doubt.

The SureRide will depend on your aircraft and row. I've been able to smush one into seats with a lot of leg room rear facing. Mostly, though, it won't fit rear facing well on planes.

Wendy
Thank you! I wanted to make sure the next would for sure rear face on the plane before buying another car seat....still has a decent recline as well?? Thanks again!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It has a nice recline range. On a plane, depending on aircraft, it may be upright rear facing to fit.

Wendy

Dillipop

I'm flying with my next on Wednesday and using it rearfacing for a 2.5 year old. I'll try to remember to take a picture and post it here for you. We are flying southwest.

mando_w

I'm flying with my next on Wednesday and using it rearfacing for a 2.5 year old. I'll try to remember to take a picture and post it here for you. We are flying southwest.
I would appreciate that so much! I don't know if it's worth buying the next or just using our sureride...cause if I can get a good recline I'd way rather spend the money on the next! Thank You! And safe travels!

Dillipop

Flew today and the next was perfect! Lightweight, easy to maneuver, and my kid had an easy time sleeping in it!

We flew 2 different planes for our 2 legs. There was more room to get a better recline on the second one but both were fine for my 2.5 year old.

cbd2dbc8c204d687172f9a505768c13f.jpg
2d95f394b5e955e85119c24657921b47.jpg
34eae6a3ca879f4a127223cdf116e7ae.jpg

mando_w

Flew today and the next was perfect! Lightweight, easy to maneuver, and my kid had an easy time sleeping in it!

We flew 2 different planes for our 2 legs. There was more room to get a better recline on the second one but both were fine for my 2.5 year old.

cbd2dbc8c204d687172f9a505768c13f.jpg
2d95f394b5e955e85119c24657921b47.jpg
34eae6a3ca879f4a127223cdf116e7ae.jpg
Thank you so much! And rear facing as well! Bonus! Appreciate this so much!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC