RF Marathon in Wrangler...?

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Anyone done this? Skipspin? CandCFam?

I just tried it and had no success. With it upright, it fit better but my seat (passenger) would be pushed quite far ahead. Hmmm. So I guess if I want a tethered RF seat, then I'll have to get a RA.

ADS

LuvBug

I haven't but my aunt(that I work with) has a wrangler and I couldn't imagine success without making the front passenger useless. The RA might work, or do you think an infant seat might?

I know we did a RF RA for a long time - it did make it impossible for 6'2" DH (all legs) to sit there but I was okay (5'5"). I don't think we ever had a MA RF. I'd imagine it would make the front passenger seat totally useless.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Thanks, everyone... I think we're going with a RA rather than an Uptown so we can tether it. When she outgrows it, we may not have this Jeep anymore. Either way, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. But that should give us a couple of years of tethered RF, which I really want because of the whole increased rollover probabilities with a Wrangler. :thumbsup:

Oh, as for the infant carrier, we're thinking of options for when she outgrows it. She's in a Snugride right now and weights approx. 18lbs.

And now I shrink very small as I have to say that we returned our SS1. I realized carrying her around the house in it that I didn't really want to tote around a carrier much longer...:eek:... She's heavy in that seat! DH convinced me that if we really want to get her a nice convertible, then to please return the SS1 if I didn't want to lug it around. Once winter's over, we'll move on up to a convertible...

CandCfam

It doesn't tether RF, but what about the TrueFit when it comes out?
It has the removable wings that will (should) make it fit better in a tight squeeze.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
It doesn't tether RF, but what about the TrueFit when it comes out?
It has the removable wings that will (should) make it fit better in a tight squeeze.

I thought about the TrueFit and was thinking of getting one for DS until the Nautilus and now the yet-to-be-seen Frontier... :) But I think I'd rather have something to tether for the Jeep. I may get the flowery True Fit for my minivan, though - it looks gorgeous!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC