Review Recaro Monza Reha

menfusse

This is a long overdue review. Life has been crazy, and I'm currently one handed using my non dominant thumb to type. Lol. So please forgive me typos.

I'm not able to out all the details of the seat so here is a link with that. http://www.thomashilfen.us/index.ph...brochure-recaro-monza-reha-status-122012.html

E is 8, 44ish inches, 42-43 lbs. She has mitochondrial disease. Mild/moderate low tone, seizures, neuropathy and is tube fed. We'd reached a difficult place with leg and feet pain on long trips, and flopping forward increased fatigue/pain as well as possibly compromising her airway further during a seizure. We ultimately decided to give her a "big kid" feel of a booster, while still having the positioning harness to keep her in a safe and comfortable position. Also, the foot rest was key in our decision as we felt dangling legs on our frequent long trips were contributing to increases in burning legs and feet. Crossing them to relieve it, then created other issues.

The options we chose were latch, foot rest (without swivel base), under seat wedge, tray table and we have the belly and harness pads.

Ultimately for our current needs, we did not need the under seat wedge. It is reclined enough naturally to provide support and good positioning. Also, the belly pad is very hard and stiff and bothered her feeding tube. Though, that is likely related to ongoing infections around. But again, We have still maintained a good position without it.

We have literally zero complaints. It's been an exceptional seat and meets every need we had. E is always very comfy and supported. Those with more extreme low tone would find the belly pad and under seat wedge very helpful I'm sure.

The only "con", is minor and it's just that you have an extra step in buckling both a harness and the seatbelt each cat ride. But heck, with our kids when is there not extra steps?

I'm not sure what else to say, but would be happy to answer questions. Pics to follow in posts below.

ADS

menfusse

Random pics of it attached. I think. I tried anyway. Lol.

Attachments

• image-3797891430.jpg
    image-3797891430.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 104
  • image-3284900140.jpg
    image-3284900140.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 101
  • image-2193584535.jpg
    image-2193584535.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 99
  • image-2085346606.jpg
    image-2085346606.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 103
  • image-1410810372.jpg
    image-1410810372.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 100
  • image-1431128795.jpg
    image-1431128795.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 108
  • image-925539777.jpg
    image-925539777.jpg
    456.1 KB · Views: 105

SnoGurl

This seat looks awesome! Thanks for the pictures.

Eta: did you consider any other seats? Iof so, what made you choose this one over the others? My cousin has CP, and they're likely going to look into importing a seat due to lack of options.

Chely7425

I know we have talked about her seat before but thank you for the great review!!! I think we are looking at getting Favis one next summer barring any major changes :)

menfusse

Cool seat, and cute kid! Her shoes took me back! If Evie finds out there are shoes with pockets...
I was like shoes? I totally didn't mean to post that pic lol. I had to go look to see what you were talking about lol. As for other seats, we considered the harnessed options as they were all supportive, but the clincher for us was the foot rest. There are few options with a foot rest and this was the best long term solution of them. I will be honest and tell you it was a hard transition for me to see her move to a booster lol. But she's truly safe and very comfy.

Eta: we also also allowed her to have a say and she was really keen on a booster because that's what big kids ride in.

New grandma

The seat looks awesome, as does the kid!

I have to say, the shoe picture grabbed my attention too. My kids, some of whom are probably your age, wore those in elementary school and I really think they are cute.

I have missed seeing you here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC