Returned the Argos today :( Need new ideas.

love-pink

When I explained why I was returning it to the brus employee she said, "Your not the first one to return it because of that." :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

So now I need to find a back up seat to use in dh's Envoy and in friends/family vehicles. I really want a Beckett GN but I missed the sale last week. :eek:

Now Im thinking maybe a Maestro or Chase seemings how its going to be used so little and moved around so often.

Do they have a continuous harness?
How easily do they install?
Do either have ESP foam?

Any other ideas?? DD has just under a 13 inch torso and weighs 30lbs without her boots and coat.

ADS

purplemama

The Maestro has a continous harness. Personally, I hate it. My DS2 loves it. He has wicked head slump in it. But if those things don't bother you, it's a nice seat.

Oh, it installs really easy and it's super light, so very easy to move around.

lovemybabybug

I have read here that Chase isn't a good option, I would definitely stick with the Maestro. Someone just posted on the deal forum that Evenflo has the Maestro in two different covers on close out for $54.

kirst

Chase goes up to 40lbs so you only have 10 to go. it goes in easy with latch where ive tried it. The harness sucks. It twists all the time and is a pita. I do not like the seat because of the harness.

mominabigtruck

What about the secure kid? I looked at the 400 this weekend and I thought it was alot nicer than the maestro.
Posted via Mobile Device

hrice

melniemi said:
Is the secure kid narrow like the maestro?

I think it's external dimensions are nearly identical. It could be a tad wider at the cup holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
We use the Maestro as our program seat, I like it. It's always a pretty decent install, I've never had big problems. Height is decent. The recall was handled well, IMO. I'm not a personal owner but I've bought dozens for work, and they sent me the fix kits for everyone we had purchased, plus extras and directions. They were an easy repair, just hammer in a metal bracket to reinforce the plastic around the the A-lock.

I haven't been following why you returned it? I recommended a Nautilus to a friend and her husband HATES it, I'm interested to know what your issue was?

love-pink

We use the Maestro as our program seat, I like it. It's always a pretty decent install, I've never had big problems. Height is decent. The recall was handled well, IMO. I'm not a personal owner but I've bought dozens for work, and they sent me the fix kits for everyone we had purchased, plus extras and directions. They were an easy repair, just hammer in a metal bracket to reinforce the plastic around the the A-lock.

I haven't been following why you returned it? I recommended a Nautilus to a friend and her husband HATES it, I'm interested to know what your issue was?

The harness is ridiculously hard to adjust on the Argos. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I want the Becket Nautilus but Id like to stay in the $120-130 or less price range.

love-pink

I just want something easy and low enough for her to climb into. I would love another FR85 but they are a beast and often tough to get into a vehicle Im not used to.

firemomof3

Does the 300 have a continuous harness?

Yes. I have the 300 as a full-time seat for ds and we like it. The only thing I don't like is how short the harness is :thumbsdown: But I loosen it, put ds in, do up the chest clip, even out the harness straps, do up the crotch strap, then tighten and it tightens smoothly & evenly :) I still like the GN elite the best of any combination seat :)

Mags462

If you can wait a few weeks Target seems to be running $125 Nauti specials about once every three or four weeks. I know since i have been paying attention (probably since late Nov) they have had the Nauti on sale 3 times for that price.... so odds are good you can get one on sale soon.

Also, i had a chase waaayyyy back in the day when i knew nothing about car seats and let me tell you i actually sold it on CL for $10 last year because i HATED that thing. It was only used as a back up in my parents car for when they would get DS1 and DS2 for sleepovers maybe once every two months, so used 6 times per year total after that initial first year of use. I hated it so much i told DH i was buying a different back up seat. It installed OK but man alive it chewed the heck out of my hands doing it (always seat belt because i found the latch the be hard to cinch tight in my parents Camry)..... The harness adjuster was odd too - DS1 was always messing with it and it made me nervous that he would clamp down on it and really loosen up his harness while i was driving. I haven't owned a Maestro but i rarely recommend the Chase because it was such a pitb. ;)

love-pink

:( I was afraid of that. Continuous harnesses annoy the crap out of me. They always come out uneven so I spend forever undoing/redoing the straps. :rolleyes:

msg221

The harness is ridiculously hard to adjust on the Argos. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I want the Becket Nautilus but Id like to stay in the $120-130 or less price range.

Really? I haven't heard my friend complain about it and I just installed mine yesterday so I haven't had to use it yet. I hope that isn't the case for me. I did save the box and and packaging, except for the hang tag that was on the front of it. I hope I don't have issues with it! I really want that seat to work because it was one I could leave in my car and adjust it easily between two vasty different size kids without having to un-install it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC