Rental cars....suv vs mini van

carseatfreak

We are going to be flying cross country into Bozeman, Mt this summer. We have 2 rear facers and will be bringing radians for them and a booster for our oldest. We will have a double stroller and I am sure lots of luggage. We have the choice of a mini van (dodge or Chrysler) or full size suv (Tahoe or expedition). Of those vehicles I have only been in a Tahoe and have no idea which one will be easier install for the radians and give us a setup with more room. I know in a Tahoe I could put three across in middle but not sure about expedition. Thanks!

ADS

caritas

I think I would go with the Tahoe. That way you can have three across in the middle row and fold down the third row for all of your luggage.

If you have the minivan, you might not have enough room for luggage/stroller because you'd need both rows.

:)

jennlana

Our Expedition has three sets of anchors in the second row. I know you don't need three, but that gives you more seating options. I have a Boulevard and a Nautilus, and I was able to fit another full size seat in the middle of those two. You will have plenty of room for your three seats. With the third row down, you will have plenty of room for luggage and your stroller. I believe a Tahoe will provide just the same amount of room, except in the trunk. The third row in a Tahoe does not fold down into the car. It just folds down and up and stands against the second row. The Expedition's third row folds down into the car.

SynEpona

Either Tahoe or Expedition for sure. We have an Expedition, and you can fit any 3-across we've tried in it, with no big effort. DH got a giant Eddie Bauer 3-in-1, a snugride and a Radian in with space between each of them, and at least 2 were LATCH installed, didnt' even need to use the seatbelts to move them out from the center to make room :)

And, then you've still got loads of cargo space for your stroller, luggage etc. In a mini-van you'd have to use at least one 3rd row seat, and that would really cut into your cargo space.

MUTigers

I am riding in the second row of an '08 expedition next to a RFing radian as we speak. You could easily fit two back here with more than enough room for a booster. I have more room next to the radian than I do next to another adult passenger. The radian is also very easy to install with latch! No angle adjuster is needed for the center but you would probably want one for an outboard install. Have a great trip!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC