Redesigned Combi Coccoro infant insert

featherhead

Ask and you shall receive (though I apologize for the poor cell phone picture quality--this was faster/easier than scanning). Seems like the engineers are not talking to the sales/marketing people or something. I'd like to get to the bottom of this, as I said before the seat bottom insert raises my child high enough that the shoulder straps (seat belts) have to be set to the 2nd highest position, which would be fine except that this interferes with the headrest insert (unless I turn it upside down). The instructions seems to make it pretty clear that one MUST use the inserts for a child weighing less than 25 lbs. I don't see any room for interpretation here.

From what I see the manual seems to differentiate between the infant seat insert and the infant head insert. The one page you showed said the infant seat insert must be used to 25 lbs, but said nothing about the head one. So I would think for now (until Vera clarifies the manual) you could remove the head insert altogether.

ADS

Vera@Combi

CPST Instructor
The intent of the change in verbiage was to allow use of the body padding up to 25 pounds but not mandate use when the child reached an adequate torso length to be able to fit comfortably and correctly without the wedge. The head pillow is entirely optional depending on the child and the fit.

We are investigating where the miscommunication happened and are working on a correction. Again, Combi thanks you for bringing this to our attention.

BMWBig6

Thanks for the clarification. Is it ok to use the headrest cushion in the upside down position?

Here's another place where the language may need to be updated as well. There is a printed label stitched to the seat insert bottom cushion itself.

http://www.gearfx.com/temp/cco9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kam1011

My 2yo just outgrew hers by seated height. She's still under 25 pounds and would've hit the top of the shell much, much earlier with that pillow underneath her!

U

Unregistered

Thank you so much for this thread. It's now about a year since it was written, but I've found it very helpful for my situation now.
I've just purchased a Combi Coccoro that was manufactured just a couple months ago in 2012. Unfortunately the wording of the manual has remained unchanged: it still states that the infant insert must be used until the child reaches 25 pounds (as shown in the photos posted).
I really wish Combi would correct this error. Before finding this post, with Vera's information, I was almost thinking I'd have to return this car seat, because there is no way my 10-month, 19-pound, 31-inch baby was going to fit in this car seat with the infant insert! In fact, it still makes me a little nervous to go against what the manual states, but I will have to hope that Vera's information is correct, which I do, particularly because my baby looks so comfortable in the seat (when it's without the infant insert.)
Anyway, I just want to encourage Combi to fix the manual, because from reading reviews on Amazon, I believe that others have returned the car seat because of this misunderstanding.

L

Latoshia h

Any updates I have the 2020 version and it’s states it has to be used to 25lbs but doesn’t mention headrest

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC