Recline on a stroller

Okay so this has been bothering me and maybe someone can help me out. I can't stand my Snugride 30 and recently switched baby to a convertible (Maxi-Cosi Priori). I keep the Snugride in my trunk because all the strollers I have say for 6 months +. So, I throw the snugride in my Jogging Stroller when I need to take the stroller somewhere (usually I use a front carrier with him). My question is, why can't I use the stroller without the car seat now? He is 3 months old (well on Monday he will be) and both stroller recline almost flat. They both have infant head inserts in them to keep his head stable. I don't understand why he still needs to lay completely flat though. The snugride doesn't allow him to lie completely flat. Is using the infant head rest to stabilize his head good enough? Thanks!!

ADS

creideamh

Always wondered too... I never listened to that. We used the Mac Quest from 2-3 months+ at the lowest recline level, which is definitely not flat. Never had any issues.

acoro

I used my strollers with semi recline (not flat newborn) for my kids as soon as they could hold their heads up and look around reliably. We would just surround them with blankets (usually one under the crotch too) to keep them in place. They liked sitting up and seeing around by that point...can't recall how many months but defo before 6

Kaitsmom

I used my Trevi from about 3 months, I hated my snugride and tge metrolite stroller. I think it has to do with head control and keeping their airway open. My DD could hold her head up before 3 months, and I only used the stroller at the mall, otherwise I used my sling so it wasnt a big deal.

Thanks everyone! I went ahead and used my Britax Blink yesterday at the mall and it doesn't recline all the way. I had it reclined as far as it would go and it was at a slight angle (it was flatter than his infant car seat allowed him to be). I also used my JJ Cole head support and he did great!! I actually think this is better for him anyway because if he spits up, it goes down hill and not back into his mouth (which was a problem when he was a little younger). So, needless to say...I am officially ditching the Graco Snugride 30 :love:. Yeah!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC