Recaro's new Performance line covers

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
From FB:We are pleased to announce that our new Performance RIDE is now shipping to specialty stores nationwide!

All new, Performance Series car seats include the RECARO HERO harness system – an exclusive, innovative safety feature that provides superior comfort while resisting harness twisting and ensuring proper chest clip positioning. Also included on all Performance Series car seats is the RECARO Safety Stripe System, which is a racing-inspired white stripe that is clearly visible on the outside edge of the 5-point harness. This stripe is designed as an easy alert to parents that a twist could occur, or has begun, thus preventing a safety hazard. Other all-new features include added mesh for breathability, improved comfort pad with memory foam, cup holders and stylish trim details.

The Performance RIDE Convertible Car Seat has a 5-Point harness system that holds children from 5 to 40 pounds rear-facing or 20 to 70 pounds forward-facing. It incorporates RECARO Side Impact Protection technology inspired by four decades of racing seat safety.

Performance RIDE Key Features Include:
• Easy adjust no re-thread harness
• Twist-resistant buckle and HERO technology
• Protective and comfortable PUR foam in the head restraint
• Energy absorbing EPS foam
• Memory foam padded seat
• Removable cup holder
• Chest-clip storage pockets
• Side Impact Protection

Here is a link to their FB page with pictures of the covers.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...40173061630.451223.41230306629&type=1&theater

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Also included on all Performance Series car seats is the RECARO Safety Stripe System, which is a racing-inspired white stripe that is clearly visible on the outside edge of the 5-point harness. This stripe is designed as an easy alert to parents that a twist could occur, or has begun, thus preventing a safety hazard.

What, lol? My year old ProSport has that, and one of the most annoying things about it is how the hip straps twist/bunch. Whatever, Recaro. :rolleyes:

And wow this one is hideous!
537051_10151340175151630_1205021054_n.jpg

Kac

LOL yeah, yuck Recaro. I love the teal colored one; not that I'll be buying one.

Lenae

I feel like kids won't be able to reach the cupholder FF. Where does it go for RF?

ETA: Talking specifically about the convertible seat pictured, not the booster or combo seat.

Phineasmama

I ordered the yellow one :eek: It should be here tomorrow...hopefully it's not baby poop colored IRL, otherwise I'm ordering a different cover! You guys know these pictures have been out for a while though right??

My son's favorite color is yellow, that's why I ordered it :rolleyes: They are all much lighter IRL too.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
I ordered the yellow one :eek: It should be here tomorrow...hopefully it's not baby poop colored IRL, otherwise I'm ordering a different cover! You guys know these pictures have been out for a while though right??

My son's favorite color is yellow, that's why I ordered it :rolleyes: They are all much lighter IRL too.

My son's favorite color is yellow too, I'm hoping the booster comes in this color. That is after I have seen you IRL pics :)

Phineasmama

My son's favorite color is yellow too, I'm hoping the booster comes in this color. That is after I have seen you IRL pics :)

Haha! I will make a new thread when it gets here, so hopefully tomorrow :) I just hope it is yellow enough and not actually brown or something...

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
Haha! I will make a new thread when it gets here, so hopefully tomorrow :) I just hope it is yellow enough and not actually brown or something...

I'll be stalking you tomorrow! I just looked a babviva and there is a preorder for the booster in the yellow so depending on how it looks I'll be doing a pre-order

Kac

I had no idea these colors had been out. Here I thought I had the new big news. LOL. Typical of me!!!

Phineasmama: How many seats have you bought in 2013?! LOL. :)

Phineasmama

Hmmm...I plead the 5th LOL.

I actually only have ONE extra car seat (convertible) unless you count the extra Harmony LBB I have hanging around, which I don't count really :p So with the Proride I will have 2 extra seats. I sell as much as I buy :cool:

I think the Performance ProRides have JUST gone on sale like in the past week or two, but the pictures have been up if you look hard enough. The other seats are still on preorder.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC