http://cribsieawards.com/

'Most Trustworthy Toddler Car Seat Maker'
Britax
Combi
Diono
Graco
RECARO
The First Years

ugh. here's what they said to me here when I complained: 'Hi there. We're giving well-researched moms such as yourself the opportunity to vote for the car seat manufacturer YOU trust the most. Happy Voting. And thanks for the "easiest to use" idea -- great one for next year's Cribsies.' Sigh..

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I can't get too worked up about it. It does say "trustworthy," not "safest." There are a couple of those companies I do consider more trustworthy than others. :whistle:

And after looking over the rest of the categories and nominees, it looks like a pretty dumb "contest" and not one I'd give heed to anyway.

So, greatest idea ever? No. Something I'm going to lose sleep over? No.

Brianna

Well, *technically*, Diono isn't the same company that recommended fixing their car seats with duct tape...

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Well I don't find Dorel trustworthy because of their horrible CS. I've always had great CS from Graco, Britax, and SK.

3acorns4Christy

My neighbors have the Evenflo Symphany, that seat is amazing. That selftightening feature should have made them be on the list.

tentoes

And after looking over the rest of the categories and nominees, it looks like a pretty dumb "contest" and not one I'd give heed to anyway.

So, greatest idea ever? No. Something I'm going to lose sleep over? No.

The thing is, it gets HUGE publicity, so it needs some sort of disclaimer. Feel free to chime in in the thread I linked in my original post above (where it says 'here') so they see its not only me :D I think a simple change it wording will make it less vague or open to 1,000 different interpretations.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It's a very nice rock, too!

I've seen them get "big buzz" in baby gear blog circles, mostly.

BTW, my vote goes to Clek. Their seat isn't on the market yet, meaning no one has had any problems with it, ever! :p

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
weird.

(I'm not sure how the bubblebum booster got in the "Thing You Should Never Travel Without"... "Cribsie" award denotes, you know, babies. I don't think I would consider a bubblebum a 'necessity', especially for the infant-toddler-preschooler set (that's what the rest of the awards seemed geared toward).

The whole thing is kind of odd to me, honestly. I don't know about half that stuff, lol!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC