Radian80 RF Install-Check, please!

sevan76

Thanks again to those who helped with my previous question (what seat to get). I ended up choosing the Radian 80 and am so glad I did. Honestly, unless I've done something just plain idiotic (it was REALLY hot out there while I was playing around in the car), this was a million times easier than installing my MA.

Info:
I have an 07 Corolla. I installed the Radian in the middle, RF with seat belt. No twisting of the seatbelt stalk or anything. Very, very straightforward. Took less than 10 minutes. It's a very tight install. I still have plenty of space up front for both driver and passenger. The only issue I'm having is that I can't find the D-ring to attach the tether to passenger seat. Will hunt for that shortly. Anyways, does everything look ok? I will try to get it checked-but that is kind of hard to do around here. I can take more pics if necessary!

radian4.jpg

radian3.jpg

ADS

Splash

Angle looks fine, and as long as it's tight I don't see a problem! Can you really not get the d-ring strap around the seat anchors? The second picture it looks like you should be able to.

sevan76

No, I'm sure the D-ring will fit (the one from the MA did) I just can't find it! I know the Radian came with one but I've managed to lose it. Can I use the one from the MA? I think I read somewhere on here that you can't. I put the MA in DH's car but DD will rarely ride in it. I'd rather have her main seat tethered. Maybe it will turn up. Thanks for looking at my pics!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The D-rings are different.

If you call Sunshine Kids you can order a replacement; or post an ISO on Swap and someone might have one they're willing to send you.

sevan76

Thanks! I'm going to look around one more time and if I can't find it I'll see about getting another. I'm just hoping I didn't drop it outside and one of the neighborhood dogs ran off with it. I've lost shoes that way. . .

Pixels

The latchplate (buckle) is right up against the edge of the belt path. I would twist down the female buckle stalk once or twice to lower it.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I agree that the latchplate is too high - a few twists of the beltstalk should move it down enough. You can twist it as much as three full twists if needed.

Splash

The d-ring is a piece of metal on a strand of webbing. It might be a different shape, but it's the exact same thing. Using the one from the MA isn't going to make a difference.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC