Question Radian RXT headrest issue

carseatfreak

I apologize if this has already been discussed. I searched the keywords I could think of and couldn't find it. Anyways, I am having problems with one of the headrests continuing to magically drop to a lower position. Is this a common problem? When I move it up I always try to see if it will lower and it always seems in a solid position...but it never fails that next time she is in it it's back sitting in top of her shoulders and has obviously lowered substantially.

She is only maybe 28 lbs and 39" and this problematic headrest makes her look like she's about to outgrow the seat! I don't notice the problem with her twin sisters seat but she's a tad shorter and I haven't messed with her headrest as much. i wish I could remove the headrest.... :-( (don't think that's a possibility though!).

Thanks!!

ADS

MUTigers

There are 4 little bolts on the back of the seat (two on each side) that you can tighten. I barely turned the ones I my seat at all (like not even a quarter turn) and it made a huge difference! I need to do it again actually...

bnsnyde

We tried to tighten. It did not work. My 3.5 YO always had the straps below his shoulders. I gave up and bought a Securekid.
Sad because we might NEED to use the Radian for space-saving in the future for my others little ones, and I feel like they won't really fit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC