Radian in overhead storage?

ADS
They may not let you take it as a carry-on due to its overall size. They may ask you to gate check it.

Do you know what model aircraft it is? (I.e a Boeing 747 etc.)

Does the child to which the car seat belongs have a seat on the plane?

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I would say, try to take it, but explain to the child that if you are not allowed to put it overhead he may have to ride in it.

I would put the Radian in a carry bag to make it less obvious as a car-seat when you stow it. If they say anything about its overall size as you board, I would probably let them know it's a carseat and they should let you take it onboard (but might require you to use it rather than stow it.)

How old and heavy is the child in question?

Eclipsepearl

He needs a reward for sitting in the seat. Sounds like a power game. Use it because he's not safe in just the seat belt. Be a parent and let him know that this is not optional.

Cryssy Jane

Yes it will. I've carried on a folded radian sans kiddo with only the backpack straps and stowed it overhead. I got a lot of funky looks but it didn't take up any more room than some of those rolling bags. We also took coats and such and put them on top of the seat so no one could try to cram their stuff in there.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
He needs a reward for sitting in the seat. Sounds like a power game. Use it because he's not safe in just the seat belt. Be a parent and let him know that this is not optional.

Looking at the OP's other posts her kids are something like 1, 4, 6 and 10 (?) so almost all of them COULD be okay in the seat belt. The 1yo is not of course, and the 4yo will depend on weight/build... which is why I asked for info on the kiddo.

Glad to know that Cryssy has done it and it works! :)

mommabritt

Coming back to update this. We did take two radians with us and packed a backless booster. My children are (two weeks shy of) 2, 5.5, 7.9, and 10. We were able to use both seats on the plane, dd (2) and ds3 (5yo) used them without issue and we were actually permitted to carryon the booster. They also used them at our destination and ds2 (7yo) used the backless upon arrival. DS1 is in an adult belt and passes 5step with no issues.

I want to address this. You do not know my children nor the reasons I had for not fighting that fight. Since my 7yo has ASD, adhd and ODD, power struggle is the story of our life. This was not a fight I was willing to have- it was not that important. He was not UNsafe in the plane belt. And by the way, whatever choice I made, I made AS HIS PARENT. Not using a 5pt harness on my nearly 8yo on an airplane is not negligent or otherwise worthy of your self righteous post.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Graceflynn

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC