Radian Headwing problem (XT vs XTSL)

ADS

Sunshy9

Has anyone had a problem with the headrest/wings not staying 'up' in the top most position? Both of my XTSL's keep riding down on my girl's shoulders, and they hate it!
Please help with info?

bnsnyde

So which headwings are better?
Newer XTSL or older XT?

Does it matter RF or FF?

My XTSL won't stay in the top position headrest. Not that he's that tall yet...but he will be. Huh? Am I loosing harness height?

(I was sent new headwings for my XT but didn't know how to take the old ones off.) He is in an xtsl now anyway.

Brigala

Very interesting! I have an XTSL and it has the old style head wings. I know for sure because I had to have my head wing replaced. The one I had on there looked like the old style in the picture. The problem with it was that the styrofoam extended down past the plastic, and covered the top harness slots. I thought the wings weren't staying in the highest position, and that's what I wrote to SKJP about. It turns out that what I thought was the highest position was actually above the highest position, and when it settled back down into the proper notch at the highest position the foam covered the harness slots. SKJP said that it was a defective head rest and sent me a new one. The design of the head rest was identical, but the extra lip of foam at the bottom wasn't there.

I'm not having any trouble with the current head rest, but the only child that uses the head rest is at the upper limits of height for the seat; the baby is still too short for her head to reach that high. Am I going to have trouble as she gets older? Should I call and request the newer style head wings? What do you think?

bnsnyde

I have a BRAND NEW XTSL and the headrest won't stay up all the way. It sags down a bit after I push it up.

My seat was made I think last week or something! So it has to be totally current. So, it is supposed to stay up, or not? :)

I wanted maximum shoulder harness height out of this thing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kellys

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Maxi Cosi is a proud sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2021 Carseat Media LLC