Radian for a newborn in a Dodge minivan

jjordan

A friend suddenly got a newborn foster baby and might borrow a Radian from me for him. They have a Dodge minivan and the seats are pretty sloped. I'm concerned that the angle might not be newborn-appropriate, and of course Radians can't use noodles/towels/etc. Can the angle be adjusted with the top tether if necessary? Does the Radian allow that, and what does Dodge say about RF tethering? Thoughts/ideas? Thanks!

ADS

katymyers

Dodge strictly forbids rear facing tethering and you're not allowed to change the angle of the install through tethering anyway. I'd maybe swing for a Cosco Scenera Next if the Radian doesn't work out. Of course, you may be able to finagle the angle a bit by pressing down on the back of the seat while tightening the belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

walnutgold

Radians are generally not the best for newborns. I agree that a Cosco seat would be a good bet until baby can sit up enough for the angle to be appropriate.
Posted via Mobile Device

tiggercat

It is going to install quite upright. Exact angle may vary depending on model year. I had one in my 02 Caravan for my son and it was toddler appropriate (no AA needed) but definitely not acceptable for a newborn or young infant. I will see if I can find you a photo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC