Question Questions about 3-across Expedition EL

MamaChirpy

Ok! I feel like I'm soooo close to this working! But I need someone else's opinion as I'm not completely sure...

Third row, 2011 Expedition EL, one tether anchor center.

Two specific questions about this setup:

1. Does Britax allow overhang? If so, how much? The main seat part of both Parkways are on the vehicle seat. It's just the rounded cupholders part at the front that overhangs and also the headwings a little.

2. See how the pink Parkway's wings tuck under the MyRide? Is this a problem? It seems to me it would prevent the booster from moving forward as it's supposed to in a crash. The blue Parkway snugs up against but not under the MyRide.

559f26a8e92c89069fe6fd08f10774a8.jpg

d969c109834dd7e39a2c92fa98c456ae.jpg
556b838627bf99a2eac53e99c8034ec8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

MamaChirpy

Here is the same setup with a Graco Size4Me center. There is still good room to buckle the boosters. There is no tucking of the wings on either Parkway. But there is still some overhang on both Parkways.

1f83a81c3ae6169c6c5c5a1b8e642969.jpg

718555b121b969266f4827d9c77ece3b.jpg

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The second pictures look better, with the Size4Me in the center rather than the My Ride.

Britax and Graco don't allow seats overlapping one another. You're right, the My Ride would prevent the Parkway from moving as intended during a crash.

Britax also doesn't allow any overhang to the side.

So with the My Ride in the middle, it's a no on multiple fronts.

With the Size4Me, it looks a lot better. But I'd send those pictures of the side of the Parkway to Britax to see their opinion on if enough of the booster is on the backseat for it to be safe.

Wendy

MamaChirpy

The second pictures look better, with the Size4Me in the center rather than the My Ride.

Britax and Graco don't allow seats overlapping one another. You're right, the My Ride would prevent the Parkway from moving as intended during a crash.

Britax also doesn't allow any overhang to the side.

So with the My Ride in the middle, it's a no on multiple fronts.

With the Size4Me, it looks a lot better. But I'd send those pictures of the side of the Parkway to Britax to see their opinion on if enough of the booster is on the backseat for it to be safe.

Wendy

Thanks! I am looking for different boosters to put beside either seat. One of the boosters isn't needed yet, I'm planning for April when Baby #5 makes an appearance! For now, we are riding with a different arrangement altogether.

I will contact Britax tomorrow about the overhang, but honestly, I would rather find a different booster so there's no question. The Parkways can always go in DH's truck for my two oldest.

MamaChirpy

How old, tall, and heavy are the booster riders, and what are their shirt sizes?

Wendy

A is 6.5
47" and about 48 lbs
Size 7 shirt. She has a longer torso.

L is 5 and rides in a harness but we have done some booster training and he is motivated to learn to sit properly all the time.
44" and about 46 lbs
Size 6 shirt. Pretty average.

L will be in a harness about 90% of the time until he is older. But I would like to have this option also.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
An Aidia Explorer is narrow, as is the Harmony Dreamtime. Neither is very tall, though. 8/10 shirt for height.

Cosco Prontos may fit by width and height.

Wendy
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC