Question: Mazda 5 2009 latch/tether limits?

blueindigo

Hi. My SO just bought a used Mazda 5 2009. I am wondering what the latch limits are. Also, if there are a tether weight limit.

I didn't see it mentioned in the car's manual, but I very easily could have missed it.

Thank you

ADS

blueindigo

Thanks clov878. I know the Britax's limit is 40pounds (I think). Do other car seat manuals actually state what their limit is for latch? I have 2 other car seats and can't find it in their manuals. I was going to start a new post to ask where the latch limits are in the manual.

luckyclov

I had an '08 Mazda5 and a Britax Regent installed in it...at the time, the lower anchor limit, per the Regent manual, I'm pretty sure was 48 lbs.

What are the other manufacturers? Some tell you to go by your vehicle manual's stated limits and some vehicle manuals either don't mention it or tell you to go by the child seat manufacturer's limits. In that case, I'd probably just go with 40 lbs. It should be stated in either the WARNING stuff or under installation sections in the manuals.

ETA: The lower anchor limit on my Marathon70 and Frontier85 is 40 lbs.

blueindigo

the seats are Recaro como 07,evenflo titan sport 2010, and Britax roundabout 55 2011

Sorry for the speeling I have 2 toddlers climbing on me

eta: I will go with 40 pounds for now, and check the manual in the places you suggested. If I cant find it I will post later. thanks

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC