Question for Techs!

Longhorn Lady

I am wondering if any of you Techs know of any contacts in Austin?

I just got a new car and I'm really pulling hair out trying to install my RF MA :(

I have never had these kinds of problems before. I am going to check all of the links for a Tech here, but I thought I'd ask for personal references first. The last one I saw told me to turn the baby around on her first birthday (which I didn't of course) and didn't know much about Britax seats.

So before I go "pot luck" again with a Tech, I'm coming to see of any of you know anyone in the area that has experience with Britax seats AND is okay with RF :)

Thanks.

ADS

skaterbabs

A friend of mine is a tech there, here name is Amy. She's very familiar with Britax and is as pro-extended Rf as I am. :O) PM me your information and I'll pass it on her her. :O)

Tracy

CPST Instructor
techs in Austin

You can also call 1-800-252-8255 and ask when their next fitting station will be held. That is the Texas Dept of State Health Services. They do a tremendous amount of CPS tech certification around the state as well as offer a car seat distribution program.

I would highly recommend them.

Tracy Tellman
Amarillo, TX
CPST/I

Longhorn Lady

shellebelle said:
Come April you'll have quite a selection of technicians to choose from when Lifesavers is in town!

Yeah, I was just thinking about that. Are you coming to LifeSavers?

I'll just stand outside the Convention Center with a sign that says "Will Work for Techs" :p

Longhorn Lady

skaterbabscpst said:
I wanted to go, but plane fare, hotel, food & onsite daycare for Joyjoy is more than we can afford. :rolleyes:

Bring Joyjoy and I'll watch her ;)

BTW: Your friend contacted me and we're going to meet up this week. Thanks so much :)

skaterbabs

Glad to help, Marisa, and if I could I'd take you up on your offer. :) You'll like Amy, she's a lot of fun,and she knows her stuff. And her kids are too cute for words. lol

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I know Amy too and she knows her stuff. You are in great hands. I am hoping to go to Lifesavers. Currently waiting to hear if I got finanical aid. Since I am a community tech & don't work for a major orginazations I can't convince dh that I should go on our penny.

Smiles365

Senior Community Member
I'm going to see you all at Lifesavers! We're just trying to find decent prices on plane tickets from Juneau (it's expensive!) We should all meet up at some point so we can put a face to the name. I'm probably going to fly to Seattle a few days before the conference with Frank and leave him with my mom while I go to Texas, then spend a few more days in Seattle before we go home. Dh's work schedule isn't very conductive to putting Frank in daycare (works 12 hr shifts, rotating days and nights), so I think that's going to be the easiest thing to do. Can't wait to have a few days with ADULTS and NO KID!

Sarah
CPST and mommy to Frank, still rearfacing in his Roundabout!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Frank's Mommy said:
I'm going to see you all at Lifesavers! We're just trying to find decent prices on plane tickets from Juneau (it's expensive!) We should all meet up at some point so we can put a face to the name. I'm probably going to fly to Seattle a few days before the conference with Frank and leave him with my mom while I go to Texas, then spend a few more days in Seattle before we go home. Dh's work schedule isn't very conductive to putting Frank in daycare (works 12 hr shifts, rotating days and nights), so I think that's going to be the easiest thing to do. Can't wait to have a few days with ADULTS and NO KID!

Sarah
CPST and mommy to Frank, still rearfacing in his Roundabout!

Too bad Darren isn't coming this year! He's always got a gang of adoring ladies following him around ;). I'm almost positive I'm going to come...and I'll be bringing the baby, because at only 2 months old, she can just hang out in the sling :D

M

missyprissy1982

I am so jealous... I know I'm not a technician *yet,* but I would love a chance to go to Lifesavers... Austin is only 4 hours away. I just talked to dh about it, reminding him that I'd already be on maternity leave, it wouldn't be that difficult for me to find childcare for my 3 yr old... But, darn him, he reminded me that the only reason I'll be on maternity leave is because the docs are worried that I'll have the baby early. I knew that of course, but the temptation is too great...

On the bright side, my Mama lives in Chicago... I'm sure she'd love an opportunity to watch both boys next March without me hanging around all day. Free lodging too. LOL

And, fortunately, the CPST class in my area was supposed to be in May (and I was going be there, regardless of my pg!) but they've pushed it back to July. I've heard some people talk about bringing babies to the classes... Is that really a possibility? I'll be nursing, and I'd feel better about having him with me for that time. I was going to try and talk to the Instructor once the details were firmed up.

Melissa

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiffanyllmaxwell

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC